Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sunday night on HGTV they have a show called "Incredible Basements"

They featured a basement Home theater a guy built that was fantastic.

He built a 35mm projection theater. It was just like a theater any town had in the 60's. Projection booth, Used Seats from a old theater, A candy, popcorn concession etc.

It looked like you were back in time seeing his basement. His screen adjusted, curtains etc.

Not sure what he spent on his projector, but it had to be a fortune. It was huge!

He said he always wanted to be a projectionest.

·
Registered
18,507 Posts
We don't have that show here in Canada.

I understand that the Playboy channel has a spinoff though. It's caled 'Incredible Bedrooms!"..:)

Curt

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
i just watched this show myself...i pvr'd it.man, was those basements awesome!!!all of em blew me away...after watching this show i can't see how anybody could waste a basement.

brickie

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Curt, At least you didn't say your bedroom will be featured! LOL

Quote:
Originally posted by Curt Palme
We don't have that show here in Canada.

I understand that the Playboy channel has a spinoff though. It's caled 'Incredible Bedrooms!"..:)

Curt

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was a great show. I'll definately watch it again.

Quote:
Originally posted by WanMan
Curt, you don't have a lot of things in Canada. Count yourself as being lucky sometimes. :)

·
Registered
298 Posts
Anyone know if it will repeat? I missed this episode, although I've enjoyed many of the others. It's pretty amazing what some people have managed to do with the space. I'd really like to see this gentleman's 35mm setup. Any advance warning of a repeat showing is appreciated.

·
Registered
22 Posts
If your cable company has Icontrol (or in-demand, or whatever they call it) , you might catch it there- as a matter of fact i saw it there before I saw it on the regular programming.

·
Registered
298 Posts
ChrisWiggles,

Forgive me if your post was simply a joke, but if not, they are talking about Video On Demand, which we will be getting with Comcast in the Seattle market sometime in the fourth quarter. More info is in the Comcast Seattle thread that we've both been posting in recently.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
What are you guys watching HGTV for, lol. Actually, my mom, who watches it religiously, called me while it was on and I caught the part where a guy put an entire arcade in his basement.

·
Banned
20,735 Posts
i caught a this old house, they were putting in a whole-house audio system and a dedicated basement theater (NIIIIICE old house btw). I just caught the tail end of it, but it was enough to make me wish i were LOOAAADED with cash. The "electronics" closet had like several floor-to cieling stacks of mark levinson amps. Crazy. Ah well, too bad i think they were using a digital projector.... :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.