AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the Flyers are going into double overtime with the Leafs as I write this and I've had to switch to my 36" XBR to enjoy the game. The GWII is completely awash in white and virtually unwatchable. This is on Comcast SportsNet so it's a typical coax feed with basic cable (HDTV is now about 16 hours away, including SportsNet) but I cannot believe hockey looks this bad.

I swear I watched it the other night and it wasn' t anything like this. I must have made some change that has disagreed heavily with hockey. Is anyone seeing really impressive hockey on their GWII?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Both hockey games tonight looked really good on my GWII 50". I have basic Comcast cable watching on ESPN and ESPN2. I thought they looked great.

I was watching in 'Standard' mode with neutral temp.

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
I notice a large difference in quality between network/major cable sports broadcasts (CBS, ESPN, etc.) and local/regional sports broadcasts (New England Sports Network, Fox Sports New England, local baseball, etc.) The difference doesn't show so much on smaller screens, but is easily noticeable on my 50" DLP. My assumption has been that the difference is due to the quality of cameras and other equipment.

Going OT for a second, (A) What is the deal with the Flyers and multiple-overtime playoff games? (B) Wouldn't it have been better if you had just turned off the game and gone to bed?

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
What is the deal with the Flyers and multiple-overtime playoff games? (B) Wouldn't it have been better if you had just turned off the game and gone to bed?
I can't even begin to reply to that without laughing. This is one of the most memorable series in recent history. It's been an epic battle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.