AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked it up yesterday and am still loving the looks.

Just click on the "Radden Home Theater" link below. Once you get to the site click on the Pre/Pro link on the left.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
That's a great looking unit, congratulations. In fact your entire rig looks great. I love the looks of the 1095 and what you've done with the TV is exceptionally cool.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
About one of the best prepro iv ever seen......

tommy

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I am in the market for a pre/pro as I am wanting to go with seperates. How do you like the Rotel? Also, how much did it set you back?

Thanks,

Brad

·
Registered
7,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bigwally,

Thanks for the kind words.

Bradad,

I'm in the process of moving so I can't tell you how it sounds yet. The 1066 list for $1500, but my dealer gives 15% off, so it cost me $1275.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Legarrie,

THe silver and black looks awsome, and I particularly like the blue light!

Im sure you are glad you waited:D

BTW. I shop at spearit as well a great bunch of guys there I have had half of their stock in my home for demos and they still like me:eek: seriously I ended up buying my studio 100s from chris and I love them more and more each day.

good luck on your system and enjoy Bob

·
Banned
78 Posts
Looks Great...

How long have Rotel been making their gear in silver? I have only ever seen their gear in black here in Australia.

Does this mean all their other gear such as amps are now available in silver?

Thanks & Regards,

Andrew...

·
Registered
758 Posts
Jmag999,

You can see the back panel of the 1066 by following this link...
http://www.rotel.com/PDFS/back-drawings/rsp1066-bk.pdf

If you'd like more info, the whole 1066 owners manual is online...
http://www.rotel.com/PDFS/manuals/rsp1066_eng.pdf

(Adobe Acrobat is required to view both of the above links)

Andrew,

The silver face option is brand new this month. The 1066 is the first Rotel product to have it, but other products are rumored to be upcoming. It is also rumored that Rotel may sell replacement silver face plates for their 10xx amps, but that is, as of yet, an unconfirmed rumor.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Nice look, the RSP-1066 in silver !

I'm using a silver Tag Mc Laren av32r with a black Rotel RMB-1095, picture can be found here .

I'm quite happy with the RMB-1095, which is just great value for it's price.

Having trying different speakers and pre/pro's which exceed my Tag and Nautilus speakers, the 1095 has never let me down being a transparant amp which allows all other upgrades to be heard !

Some people are claiming the Rotel 1090 has even more control over the bass than a bi-amped 1095 (front and rear channels go to my Nautilus 803 speakers).

·
Registered
7,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Zaz,

The box says China.

Gregg,

I've taken your advice and I think I'll use my add the RMB-1066 amp to power the back speakers(bridged of course). It should go nicely with my 1095 amp and 1066 pre/pro.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Zaz

The Rotel's that say "Made in China" on them are mfg at a Rotel owned assembly plant in Hong Kong. They are not mfg by a 3rd party for Rotel.

Legarrie

Are you going to hold out for the RMB-1066 in silver too? Also, I know that you were considering the 1090 for your main L/R's because of the dampening factor. The RMB-1066 doesn't have the greatest dampening factor (150?), but if you are using it only for the rears, I don't think that it will make that much of a difference.

·
Registered
7,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Gregg,

Your right. All Rotel gear is made at their own assembly plants. Rotel even makes their own power supplies in-house. Everything I've read in about Rotel products has always said Rotel doesn't inlist third parties for their products. Of couse they buy certain parts but all assembly and QA work is done in house.

I was looking at the RB-1080 because it was a 2 channel amp. My 1095 does an incredible job on the fronts so your suggestion of using the RMB-1066 for the backs was perfect. I'm not all that concerned about the dampaning factor of the back speakers. A 1095 for the fronts, center and sides along with a bridged(150x2) for the backs is just right.

We won't be able to move in until July. after that the theater has to be built so the silver amps may be out by then. If they are I'll get the silver. If there not then black will do.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Looks great Legairre! I'll bet you're glad to finally have it in-house! Now use it as much as you can, while you still can! :)

·
Registered
146 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Legairre
Gregg,

I was looking at the RB-1080 because it was a 2 channel amp. My 1095 does an incredible job on the fronts so your suggestion of using the RMB-1066 for the backs was perfect. I'm not all that concerned about the dampaning factor of the back speakers. A 1095 for the fronts, center and sides along with a bridged(150x2) for the backs is just right.

We won't be able to move in until July. after that the theater has to be built so the silver amps may be out by then. If they are I'll get the silver. If there not then black will do.
A used Rotel RB-991 might be an alternative : I bought an ex-demo model part of my first pre/power combo that was driving the Nautilus 803 speakers. Now it is used for the surrounds.

The RB-991 can easily handle a 2 Ohm load, I'm running two pairs of B&W SCM-8 dipoles on a single 991 and it works perfectly evven at high volumes.

It only has a bit forward sound, which will smack you in the face with cymbals and voices combined with certain types of speakers, but is not an issue when used for the surrounds.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I picked up my 1066 last night as well. I've posted my thoughts on it here but in general I've very impressed with it so far. Build quality is equal to my old Sony TA-E9000ES to give you some idea of its quality.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.