AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought an 08 Civic coupe EX with the "premium stereo" with an 8" "subwoofer" that resides on the rear deck as "free air" design.

Anyway I wonder if anyone here have the same car and did or thinking to replace the factory sound system. If so what advice can you give? I'm planing to replace everything. Thanks

·
Registered
6,908 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehun /forum/post/14311856

Anyway I wonder if anyone here have the same car and did or thinking to replace the factory sound system.

I have the car and am replacing the 'radio' unit with the 'navigation' unit but chose not to fool with the power amplifiers or speakers.

·
Registered
10,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I take it you like the sound quality? BTW the plastic attachment that holds the navi unit, is one need to install any DD unit like a DVD/CD player. Th speakers are the worst offenders in this system as usual, if I end up keeping the head unit, I would still need to use this device: http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Produ...6441DSP&tp=428

to clean up the sound from the factory EQ.

·
Registered
6,908 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehun /forum/post/14313973

So I take it you like the sound quality?

Seems generally OK to me but I don't particularly push them.
Quote:
BTW the plastic attachment that holds the navi unit, is one need to install any DD unit like a DVD/CD player.
Is there a question in there?!?!
Quote:
Th speakers are the worst offenders in this system as usual

I may havemisunderstood but I was told that the speakers and the power amp in the "Premium Sound System" were both Pioneer. I know the head unit is Alpine.

Here's an article about replacing the 'regular' speakers with Pioneer.

·
Registered
10,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Quote:
Is there a question in there?!?!

Nope, I was just pointing it out for possible onlookers of the picture you posted.

I haven't decided on the brand of what speakers I'll buy. Crutchfield did mention on their site that the front component tweeter is hard to replace due to mounting issues. No clue as to what exactly they're talking about there.

Yeah I like it cranked up sometimes, and when I do the system becomes harsh, and there is an obvious bass EQ: read less bass as the system gets louder, presumably to protect the speakers.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I just bought an new LX Coupe. I will be upgrading the stock audio system. I'm not sure what head unit to buy yet, but will most likely be an Alpine W205 or W505 or the new Kenwood 8120.

Amps will probably be DLS A3 and A5 (if two fit. Otherwise probably the new Zapco iForce that's due out soon).

Speakers up front will be SEAS Lotus Reference 2-ways.

Processor will be Zapco DSP6.

www.8thcivic.com has pretty good info about upgrading the system.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts