AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have a Sony HDV camcorder that used MiniDV tapes and you're in the Central Ohio area, please let me know.

Reason: I sold my HDR-HC3 and bought a HDD based HDR-520v, and I have some MiniDV tapes I'd like to "recapture". So basically I would be willing to pay someone to briefly borrow their camcorder.

I have no idea where else to put this, but it's footage of my son and I hate to fork out $500 to pickup a used HDR-HCX just for a couple days of re-capturing.

Thanks,

Shawn

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
That is a bummer spot you are in. If you can't find someone locally, you could check with a video transfer business, and they may be able to help you.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blasst /forum/post/18285018

That is a bummer spot you are in. If you can't find someone locally, you could check with a video transfer business, and they may be able to help you.

Thanks - yes, it stinks! I'll give this thread a week or so then just buy like a HDR-HC7 or something on ebay, then resell it. Probably the cheapest option.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wonder if I could buy something like a Canon HV-20 - would it read and export my Sony HDV tapes?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts