AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those that have calibrated the display what are your display settings? I really don't understand the C.M.S. thing and have had a hard time calibrating it with Avia. I would really apprecaite if you can post what you have your setting set to. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
when i first got my tv i didnt know where to put them but after awhile i didnt have to change them at all. only thing i have changed is C.M.S.-Hue red +6 for less pinkish reds everything else is 0

·
Registered
671 Posts
I haven't even gotten a calibration disk yet. Frankly the picture out of the box is pretty nice, esp the skin tones. Seems to be some red push though. I've ordered a DVI cable and want to use my computer as a tool to explore what improvements might be made in terms of scaling and color calibration. Thinking of investing in one of those sypder things as I'm looking down the road to a 37 or 42" 1080P computer display when they get to the second or third generation.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
the spyder calibration sets run about two grand. I could see myself buying one of these overpriced babies, but only if im getting money back out of it, say calibrating others sets for dough.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well so far I set the blacklight all the way down to -8, contrast to +15, and brightness to -5. All the C.M.S stuff is default and the color temp is middle-low. I do notice more reds as nameless33 said. Not sure what to touch to fix that one I am guessing its something with the C.M.S. I was just looking to see what others have set theres at to get me started on the right path.

Might look for someone to an ISF calibration tho in the next few months got to save some extra cash, just bought an onyko dv-sp1000, so a little broke...lol.

·
Registered
694 Posts
The search function does work. I found my old post by looking for aquos and contrast.

As promised, my settings: Under "Picture;" OPC off; Backlight Standard; Contrast +11; Brightness +2; Color -6; Tint +6; Sharpness -7. In the "Advanced" settings: everything at the default (I think "0"), except "CMS Value": Red +3; Green +3; Blue +3.

I've set the color temp at "middle."

·
Registered
671 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecoscia
Well so far I set the blacklight all the way down to -8, contrast to +15, and brightness to -5.
I was setting my backlight very low at first also. I've been increasing it lately (-6,-5). Not sure if there's some burn in during the first month or what. I also added a video amp on my cable to boost the signal and have a better color image to work with now. Cranking up the backlight a bit doesn't uglify the picture as quickly.

For DVD's I just ran the THX Optimizer and set the grayscale per the instructions which pretty much sets your brightness and contrast.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Bill.

I tried the THX optimizers and for the contrast I can always see the differnce between the boxes they never blend together and become undistinguisable to me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.