Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I have a denon 3803 receiver, ascend cmt 340's l/r, and hsu stf2 sub

can anyone tell me what their speakers are set db wise for listening to music? Also the Sub

I don't have an spl meter and would like to see what someone else who does has their stuff set too.

Preferably people with the same receiver.

Thanks a lot for any help

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Best way is do it by ear, if you don't have a meter. Press the setup button.

Also for delay setting...choose "meters" because you can set it in smaller increments, ie .1 meter, or about 3.9 inches, instead of feet...more accurate.

If you don't have a metric ruler, divide your measurement in inches by 39.

Have fun.

·
Registered
170 Posts
you have to get a tape measure first, then measure to the central listening postion- speakers should be aimed there anywayz. Then what I like to do is run the fronts all the way up and match the rest to them, the center is usually a bit lower. An spl meter would be ideal but your ear works just fine. YOu could go to radio snatch and buy one use it then return it. I have done it before for car audio with multi amps! hehe

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by spr
YOu could go to radio snatch and buy one use it then return it. I have done it before for car audio with multi amps! hehe
Yes, he could do that. But since that drives up the costs for those of us who don't manipulate the system, I don't recommend it.

Regardless, an SPL meter is used fairly frequently (every few months for many people) and can be shared within a group of friends or neighbors. Plus, it's inexpensive! It's not like an SPL meter costs $1000.

Bill

·
Registered
654 Posts
Using someone else's setting won't work...

Your listening room would be unique compared to anyone else's and how much carpeting, draperies, wall hangings, book cases, seating distance, speaker/sub placement and on and on affect how loud the sound is by the time it reaches the listening area.

If you want your setup to sound as good as it can, you must perform the distance and level set yourself. No way around it...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.