AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to moving to a new house in which my current speakers (Magnepan MG1.6/QR) will not work too well, I am considering switching to dynamic speakers. I'll miss the Maggies but there's just no room to properly set the up in my new house.

My main requirement is clarity (like the Maggies) and the ability of the speaker to be placed close to the wall without affecting acoustics.

I listened to a few speakers and I liked the sound of B&W 804. I also read a few DIVA threads on this board. A lot of people seem to like the DIVAs.

If someone is available in San Jose, I would love to listen to these speakers before consideing purchasing them. I tried audioenvy.com but no one replied to my requests.

My main reason for considering DIVAs is the price. I could get B&W 804s used but it's still much more expensive to go with a 5 speaker B&W system.

If you have listened to B&W 804, Magnepan MG1.6, and Diva 6.1, let me know your thoughts.

My use is 75% music, 25% home theater. I ma using a SVS 2039CS sub.

Thanks for any help or advice.

Boris

I

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I would suggest going to audioenvy again and try it with different area codes...I know of several ppl that live less then an hour from you with Divas that are on audioenvy. Zooplancton is in SF, I'm sure he wouldn't mind if you PMd him...

Sean

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.