AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Ive spent 2 months with this unit and I can say that this is simply the besy buy for an HD2 machine. Ive owned most of the HD2 machines for reference. I love this projector except minor issues (fan noise-it does have 2 cycles which can be annoying and no lens shift). Otherwise, BenQ has delivered a quality machine for less than $5,000.

Andy

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I've had two weeks with the BenQ, and while my HD2 experience is more limited than Andy's, I agree entirely with his assessment.

·
Registered
78 Posts
George,

I have 4 hours on it and I am getting some mild headaches. I will evaluate on one more movie under conditions less likely to cause fatique and make a decision as to whether or not I will keep it.

I really hate to send it back. It is the complete package. It does everything well and has no glaring weaknesses. The picture is a wonderful combination of brightness, contrast and color. The remote, functions and features are well thought out. The PJ is audible but pretty quiet - certainly not noisy. The price is untouchable.

If this PJ does not work out for me, I probably will not bother with another DLP.

Bernie

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
George,

I've had 96" wide as my minimum, using matte 1 gain screen. I sit 14.5' back with the pj roughly 14' from the screen. I'm experimenting with a 107" wide image, using a white wall so far and I'm impressed with how well the bigger image holds up in terms of brightness and resolution, using a D1 as source, at least.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Bernie,

Put more hours on it! I got really sick after watching my first movie, but I kept on watching. After about 30 hours, I no longer get any headaches. Your eyes/brain should adjust. Many others I've talked to have had similar experiences.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.