AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed recently someone commented that it was possible to set the display format using a command sent to the serial port of the Zenith HD-SAT520 receiver. Does anyone have information about the communication protocol over the serial port for this receiver and a list of commands?

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Ken. I did try searching but never came up with any of those. And I was doing the slow search choice. Of course, I was also hindered by the stupidity engine here... limiting me to a search every 30 or 60 seconds, and having to try a variety of words for serial port and the model numbers. Finally, I decided I tried enough I wouldn't feel guilty posting a new thread and asking! Oh well, never did like the search methodology in this forum software. :)

Gonna hook it up myself and try tonight. :)

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That worked pretty painlessly. Now we move on to an IR solution. :)

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Too funny... got my reply from Zenith/LG Electronics yesterday to my inquiry about the presence of discrete remote codes or RS-232 commands for changing the display format... they're not a real talkative bunch over there (or accurate):

-----------Reply to Customer Enquiry ------------

Dear Doug, Thank you for your E-mail. There is no codes. No, Thank you, Everlyn Customer Interactive Center

Just for fun I replied letting them know I found what I had asked about, and that I tested it and it worked, and included a text synopsis of all the codes and serial instructions "in the hopes they'd now be able to help others who make similar inquiries." :)

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got this reply just moments ago:

Dear Doug,

Thank you for the information. We appreciate it very much.

Sincerely,

Kim

Customer Interactive Center

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.