AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't read about peoples thoughts anywhere and every time I go look at TV's my eyes go to it...Looks like a great TV...Am I wrong?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Purchased by a relative for me to install - first impression was "good picture" - "disappointing internal audio" - which is a non-issue for us as we are doing a surround-sound set up as well. Struggling to get everything to come up cleanly however. . . . . the combination of "net command" and "autosense" on the inputs is creating a serious startup issue that effectively causes the display to disregard an HDMI channel with no video on it . . . . . I'm certain I need to figure out the settings on this - BUT, that said, I've done installs on no fewer than a dozen HDMI/plasma TV's / surround sound setups and this one (MITSU LT-52244 and Onkyo TX-SR705) is certainly the most problematic owing to the "intelligence" of the major components. . .. .

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have the LT52144 (same thing minus the cable card and tint setting)

and mine has been great so far ..

I have yet to find a problem with it and I have tried to find one...

The speakers are by far the weakest part of this TV...

i've been following the official Mitsubishi thread for these TV's for awhile now

and I'm very impressed with the lack of problems with the 52" models..

I'm not sure yet if it's just a good TV or just the fact that not alot of people own them?

I'm very happy with mine...

·
Registered
565 Posts
I like to be able to zoom a HD image sometimes - for some 2.35:1 movies. This can't be done with this set - or many others. Sony XBR4's will do this.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The positive is that this thing looks really great. The install is in a less-than-ideal environment - loads of windows on the West-facing wall - but even in the afternoon, the display looks very good.

The system setup was pretty rough - in part, because I expected the thing to work like most other HD displays I've installed. I can see that for a newbie - the combinations of "smart" technology SHOULD make for an EASIER installation. My problem was - I immediately jumped over to the SETUP menu and proceeded to try to allocate the inputs that I wanted designated to be active/used. I spent the next two hours FIGHTING with the damn auto-discovery which was intermittantly recognizing the single HDMI input I had used and then would eliminate it from the INPUT select function . . . . totally frustrating and confusing. . . . . Net, net - I got the thing to work - but, right now, I would tell you that - as long as the autodiscovery works for your configuration - you're good to go - and the setup will be quite nice. If you are trying to do anything other than what the Mitsubishi engineers conceived of and defined in their scope of automatic setup - you may be completely hosed. . . . . . for example - I want to use HDMI1 as a video source BUT I want to use one of the analog audio channels as an input for my audio - think "poor mans" center channel and perhaps you'll understand why. In the old days - and with most other sets I've worked up - this setup would be a snap - however with THIS Mitsubishi it's just not possible OR at the very least, having run through the manual many times, i have not figured out a way to do so.

So - great set - good for an amatuer install, should light right up out of the box - but don't try to get creative on the inputs - anything other than completely "standard" is likely not in the scope of reality.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Redman733 - i did a fair amount of surfing around to see if I could find people that had experience with this set. . . . seems like the "bought one" or "buying one" threads really started up in earnest in February 2008 (?)

Just anecdotal - but my short take is that distribution on this model is just cranking up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts