AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to buy something so I can watch NJ tv in FL basically 1 channel philly comcast LOL.

I was wondering which is the best and does any of them have a atsc/qam turner so I can scan HD locals

And which would be best picture NOte I will not be hooking up to any receiver box

thanks

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
well I see the HD pro has this option but 299.99 wow is there something better and cheaper maybe add a turner in a PC

·
Registered
19 Posts
I bought my parents a Sony location free and it seems to work good. Never had any issues with it. I believe you can pick them up cheaper than the sling.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
does it do HD with a atsc/qam turner if I can't find anything somewhat cheaper.

Then I will look into SD one cause the only channel I want is Philly Comcast but if I buy one why not go for HD.

There has to be one that you install into a PC

·
Registered
19 Posts
No locationfree is SD only as far as I know. Slingbox does offer some better features. Like android or iphone apps to play on your phone.

If your looking for a card for your computer, you can get a Hauppage wintv card for your PC. These have ATSC and QAM tuners and can perform like a DVR as well. This will be cheaper than a slingbox.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks I saw this on utube I am starting to look at the masoon/hava it can stream to 5 pc over a wan however I am not sure on the qam/atsc turners i have a number to call tomorrow.

Like I said I am going for 1 channel but if the Hd is good I can maybe watch my eagles games and ditch my NFST 400+ dollars.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts