AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had an LT150 for almost 1 month however it is still returnable. I want to know whether there is another projector I should audition?

It would have to be comparable quality wise and be around the same price (I paid $2400 for my lt150)

Any help would be appreciated.

thank you again.

PS, I really like the Lt150 despite its few flaws. I just want to maximize my investment.

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Try XGA LCD like the NEC LT154 or Sanyo XW-15 (800-900 lumens) for around $2200.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
If you don't care about HDTV, you could buy an LT85 (SVGA equivalent of LT150). I got mine through a recent Dell 20% deal for about $1550 delivered. Aside from the LT150, Dell "mistake", I think that the LT85 may actually be the best bang-for-the-buck deal.

Scott

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
I've messed around with the LT155 which is the LT154 with an MLA.

I think the LT150 is much better than it. The only reason I would get the LT154 is if you were sensitive to the LT150's rainbows.

-Mr. Wigggles

·
Registered
728 Posts
I really like my LCD XGA Sanyo XW15:

http://www.projectorcentral.com/proj...m?part_id=1200

PROS: no rainbows, quiet fan, 5 lbs, zoom lens, component in, decent scaler, cheap (~$2000 if negotiated well), nice warranty, I have 0 (zero) dead pixels with ~100 hrs, very nice remote, color tuneablility (though I just rented a Video Essentials HT calibration DVD from Hollywood videos and all I felt I had to adjust from delivered settings was to lower the contrast, sharpness, and red levels a couple/three clicks (on a 1-64 scale with 32 being as delivered). The colors are gorgeous and with a progressive DVD player (the Pannasonic RP56 @ ~$200 is nice) the images are quite stunning.

BTW: Just got my free DVD from www.BMWfilms.com with all the short movies and it is really neat. Email them for a free copy.

CONs:relatively low lumens (~800, low compared to much more expensive projs) and merely acceptable contrast and blacks (compared to DLP).

Try one out if you can - the noise issue may mean a lot to you.

good luck

Kurt

(edited because I keep forgetting I'm logged in and put my password in the subject line :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.