AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
I haven't seen anything regarding BD or DVD. It all seems to be revolving around the trophies, ingame xmb, and that type of stuff.

·
Registered
3,947 Posts

Quote:
In the "Video" settings for HDD recordings and video storage media "Frame Noise Reduction" and "Block Noise Reduction" can be set, including upconverted output. In addition, Blu-ray Disc up conversion, DVD video DTS-ES, DTS 96/24, Blu-ray Disc playback of DTS-ES Matrix support.

That's translated from a japanese site so the details may be a little wonky.

·
Registered
311 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetcredit /forum/post/14203048

I use my PS3 for movies..anything new?

You can now adjust Block noise and Frame noise filters (off,1,2,3) on divx movies. I think it works on all non- DVD/BD movies. Those other things (including upconverted output. In addition, Blu-ray Disc up conversion, DVD video DTS-ES, DTS 96/24, Blu-ray Disc playback of DTS-ES Matrix support) I haven't seen yet.

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
Here's a good summary:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=741
Quote:
* You can now use the [Frame Noise Reduction] and [Block Noise Reduction] settings for video content that is saved on the hard disk or storage media.

* You can now play upscaled video content that is saved on the hard disk or storage media. When the video content is played, it is upscaled automatically to match the screen size.

* Upscaling of Blu-ray Disc (BDAV) video content is now supported.

* For DTS playback on DVD-Video and Blu-ray Disc media, DTS-ES and DTS 96/24 for DVD-Video and DTS-ES Matrix for Blu-ray Discs are now supported.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I have to comment that the divx streaming looks to be a lot crisper then usual (I always had a soft picture)

so not bad

·
Registered
3,067 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwaidonjin /forum/post/14204854

Why would you need blu-ray disc upconverting?

SD extras. That's actually a requested item I've seen mentioned quite a few times.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts