AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
17,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've really gotten into this whole DVDProfiler thing (it makes me want to buy more DVDs just so I can enter them into the program). Now I want to do the same thing with my CDs and books. Anyone know of similar programs that can log those? I've searched around, but I can only find programs in the $30-$40 range, rather than like the basic version of DVDProfiler, which is free. Somebody out there has to have a freeware program available for Windows. I pose the question here only because a lot of people here use DVDprofiler and I'm sure some of you use something to log your CD's, Books and maybe even Software.

It looks like Guzzlefish does CDs and games, but I have yet to find any freeware program that does books. I guess the best solution would be a program that does DVDs, CDs, Books and games/software, but I don't think that exists with the same features as the two main DVD programs people here use.

Any thoughts or ideas?

On another note, I have a couple of questions about DVDProfiler:

1) Is there a way to add a hotspot on the IVS Classic Report sheet that will list whether the DVD (on a report of the wishlist) is one I "Need", "Really Want", "Would Like To Have", etc? I was able to add the bar code listing (so I can be absolutely sure it's the right disc), there doesn't seem to be a way to add a listing for how much I want it like there is in the main interface area.

2) Is there a way to modify the preferences so the program will accept a full bar code (including the two digits at each end of the code)? My bar code scanner keys in all the digits, which means I have to delete the first and last digits from the code to make it work (I'm actually using a software-modified "CueCat" scanner to enter in the codes - works well except for that). I could see if there is a way to modify the scanner software so it only does the middle 10 digits, but this would make it work incorrectly with other bar code situations.

Thanks for your help.

· Registered
85 Posts
For CDs, there's......

www.kixsoftware.com

It's free for 21 days. Then there's a fee. Not sure how much.

· Registered
326 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Cary B
Try: http://www.fnprg.com/

He has programs for Books, Video, Audio, etc. Very high quality programs, frequent updates/bug fixes, and a fairly active support board.
That sounds good if you're just starting a collection, but I'd have to key in all the ISBNs for the 5,000 or so books around the house. Maybe when I have the money I'll hire a data entry person to do that :)

· Premium Member
1,217 Posts
NetworkTV,

Run a search on IVS' forum. The information you need for CueCat is covered quite well and the steps are set out in detail for you to follow. Your question has been asked loads of times in their forum and many use it without problem.

I'm not sure but I think rolku has already made a report that does what you're asking for. Look in the report downloads that are available. If you can't find one that does it, ask in the "Reports" forum and someone should be able to help you.

· Registered
17,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dan 41, thanks for the tip. I'll check when I get home - the work firewall doesn't allow logging in to any forum other than AVS - it's considered chat. I think the only reason AVS is allowed is some of the higher ups drift in here once in a while on the HDTV area and such.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.