AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've done some asking around, and it appears that the InFocus/Toshiba relationship may be that Toshiba carries the InFocus HT projectors in Europe and maybe Asia. (This is my speculation, I've not been told this or seen this anywhere else).

I've spoken to several people in Toshiba USA, including their top sales guy for the Southeast and nobody has even heard of the TDP-MT5.

I'm still waiting for word from InFocus on what they will be releasing. I'm most interested in specs on the "Hub" box. According to the Toshiba Germany web site, the connection box is optional with up to a 30 meter connection between the Hub and projector. It is not clear from the Toshiba documentation if this is a digital connection, but another German website states that it is a digital connection.

I assume that the Hub uses the Sage/Faroujda chipset to do deinterlacing, and that the scaling is done inside the projector. It's not clear if the scaler is a Faroujda product or an InFocus product.

Pricing is has not be announced on the Toshiba projector yet.

-phil

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just spoke with InFocus customer support. They acknowledged that there is a plan for HT projectors. This is better than a month ago when they were still claiming that the LP530 was the new HT projector (probably because they hadn't been told differently). The person I spoke to had some sort of instructions which said that the announcement of the HT projector(s) would be made in early November.

This means I'll be calling them back Nov. 1. ;)

-phil

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.