AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for something like the NAD D7050 but in the 70-100 x2 at 8 ohms range. Basically I want a integrated amp that I can hook up to my living room towers and play music via bluetooth or direct hook up that isn't a typical huge ugly AVR (wifes words). Budget is 650-1000 dollars. If it helps at all when it comes to Home theater AVR's I tend to prefer the marantz sound as apposed to the Yamaha sound (I have no idea if that makes sense)

Thanks

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Although only 50W, the Marantz NR1605 is a Wifi/Bluetooth slim line model your wife would likely appreciate.

Yes that would work perfect if they dropped the 7 channel and made it a little more powerful 2 channel. 50 watts is just a little low to fill the space. My wife loves loud music and is almost always playing it. But if I can't find what I am looking for I might have to settle.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
93,175 Posts
Yes that would work perfect if they dropped the 7 channel and made it a little more powerful 2 channel. 50 watts is just a little low to fill the space. My wife loves loud music and is almost always playing it. But if I can't find what I am looking for I might have to settle.

Thanks.
What speakers? 50W should be more than enough for 8-ohm speakers.

·
Registered
27 Posts
My desktop system consists of a D7050 driving a pair of Dynaudio Excite X12s. The combination sounds great, plays fairly loud with very low distortion and is very easy to use with a smartphone. I would also recommend taking a look at the NAD3020, Monitor Audio A100, Cambridge Audio Mini Xi and the Teac AI-301DA.

I also own a Marantz AV7702 that's powered by a NAD T955, driving a set of Dali Zensors and I just sold a Marantz NR1403.
I absolutely love the Marantz sound but I feel that the D7050 sounds much better driving the X12s and you can utilize the AptX bluetooth.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Delete

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
What speakers? 50W should be more than enough for 8-ohm speakers.

I know I like the marantz sound and the price is right. Is there any difference between the NR1604 and the NR1504 other than the two extra channels. Because the price difference will help cover the add on blutooth module.

Nevermind I see the NR1605 isn't on the Canadian site yet, See it has built in bluetooth.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
^^
Both NR1604 and NR1504 are fairly similar, although they are 2013 models without built-in wireless/Bluetooth and the NR1504 has no video upscaling or Zone 2 capability while the NR1605 was released summer 2014 and is indeed listed on the Marantz Canada website.
Ah so your right they are on there separated by the four sr receivers from the other NR receivers. So this will never be hooked up to a tv and or a zone 2. So in your opinion am I better off with a 2013 model with the add on bluetooth module (should be good pricing offered) or is the 1605 just an all around better receiver.

Thanks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.