AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im doing a commercial instal at a sports bar, i am a sound guy not a tv guy so i don't know much about this stuff.

my problem is that the remote changes the channel on all five boxes, is there anyway to addresses remotes, or is there a system that can have addressable ir outputs from a touch screen or something.

the five boxes run about 30 plasma displays that are all matrixed back to the five boxes.

im just looking for a clean way to changed the channel on one box or all of them without having to press up 100 times on the front of five boxes to change the channel.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
If you use a remote system from Universal Remote control (URC) or RTI you can address the boxes individually. RTI has touch screens which can be programmed to accomplish all you need. Bar owners are notoriously cheap so this type of solution might not work due to budget but it is easily accomplished. IPod touch or iPads can be used as the control points as well, but in a bar they have a tendency to get up and walk away.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.