AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

Is there anyway to get the same firmware on the newer popcorn hour with the cool interface on the older A-110 model?

I know it can be done with 3rd party software and a lot of configuration but I am looking for something that is already built into the firmware.

Is it possible to get this Popcorn hour A-210 firmware running on the A-110 model ?

Thanks

·
Banned
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by kryzchek
No. It's a different Sigma chipset, and the A-110 doesn't have the horsepower to do the scanning and jukebox generation.
But I already own 3 of them!

Is there any advantages of the A-110 vs the newer A-210.

I was reading in a forum that there was some kind of issue with the A-210 reading a format that was A-110 could do perfectly. I am not sure if they ever got that resolved.

Maybe I should upgrade to the newer model. What happens if it can't find the jukebox data on the internet? Can you manually point it to the information?

Thanks

·
Registered
38 Posts
Some people think the A-110 is more mature and stable than the 200-series firmware, although the 200-series has support for more formats.

There is a user-created program for editing the NMJ database to manually change movie information. You can find it at the NMT forums.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.