AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I looked through some of the threads in this section but I couldn't reach a conclusion as to whether you could output TrueHD or DTS-HD MA from an HTPC; any input would be appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
What do you mean output? Bitstream to your Receiver? OR Send as LPCM to your receiver?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVT /forum/post/17027245

Hi guys,

I looked through some of the threads in this section but I couldn't reach a conclusion as to whether you could output TrueHD or DTS-HD MA from an HTPC; any input would be appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
11,822 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVT /forum/post/17027245

Hi guys,

Thanks.

To bitstream to an AVR from your HTPC you would need a separate audio card like the Xonar

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would prefer to be able to bitstream to my receiver; however, LPCM as long as it is lossless would be okay too. Would I be able to transmit either one or the other via HDMI?

·
Registered
1,348 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 /forum/post/17028468

Agreed, I have the 4670. You can only do LPCM though, not bitsream
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealbiglou /forum/post/17028502

What are the differences between Bitstream and LPCM?

(Learn a noob.)

Just remember that any LPCM from any Blu-ray playing software will only output 16/48. If you want truly lossless (or not downsampled) audio then you are going to have to either get the Xonar or do mkv/flac.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts