AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The last box I had (an SA 8300) would let you choose all of the picture formats your TV could accept. Can the RNG 200 do the same?

·
Registered
8 Posts
For anyone with a RGN200 Comcast Cable Box you can set the picture format by shutting off your TV but keeping the cable box on. Push the Menu and Info button at the same time and that will take you to the HDTV Wizard. Follow instructions there and you can set the picture format

·
Registered
Certified Audiophile ;-)
2,165 Posts
This info is not 100% correct hence I am posting to this old thread......

You have to keep the cable box OFF and THEN press the Menu and Info button [on the DVR box].........you will hear a click.........the DVR will NOT turn on........but the TV format wizard will be seen on the TV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlands Dad /forum/post/15701869

For anyone with a RGN200 Comcast Cable Box you can set the picture format by shutting off your TV but keeping the cable box on. Push the Menu and Info button at the same time and that will take you to the HDTV Wizard. Follow instructions there and you can set the picture format

·
Registered
258 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajdude /forum/post/18648023

This info is not 100% correct hence I am posting to this old thread......

You have to keep the cable box OFF and THEN press the Menu and Info button [on the DVR box].........you will hear a click.........the DVR will NOT turn on........but the TV format wizard will be seen on the TV.

I can't find how to activate the HD Wizard guide. Pressing the menu button gives instructions to press info and guide, but since I can't find the guide button on the box I dont think its possible. I found in looking around that pressing volume up and volume down at the same time and then immediately pressing channel up for 480i channel down for 480p volume - for 720p and volume + for 1080 works after the iguide update.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts