AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This TV has me intrigued. I have read all of the posts about the quality problems, so I know that's a big if but the idea of maybe being able to find a 38" Direct View HDTV with built in HD tuner for under $1500 really interests me.

I saw one in a Circuit City a while back, but they only had that stupid HDNet DVD to show on it split with every other TV in the place. I'd like to see the picture quality myself. Does anyone know of any place in CT that I can look at one?

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
I know that set is still available from some online retailers, but I believe most brick and mortars have cleared floor space by getting them out the door. Your best bet is to call a local RCA retailer that carries high-end equipment and seeing what they say about it.

Now what HDNet DVD are you talking about? I cannot imagine Mark Cuban would press a DVD to give to retailers for demo material. He knows that DVDs do not show the capabilities of the system. If you saw HDNet material, I imagine it must have been high definition.

·
Banned
29,681 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jake14mw
This TV has me intrigued. I have read all of the posts about the quality problems, so I know that's a big if but the idea of maybe being able to find a 38" Direct View HDTV with built in HD tuner for under $1500 really interests me.

I saw one in a Circuit City a while back, but they only had that stupid HDNet DVD to show on it split with every other TV in the place. I'd like to see the picture quality myself. Does anyone know of any place in CT that I can look at one?
Circuit City in Holyoke MA near the Holyoke Mall has one Open Box for $1099.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.