AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased my copy of Anchor Bay's latest AOD: Boomstick edition. I put it in my Philips DVD-963SA, and made sure to turn on progressive scan.

Well, the blue "Progressive Scan" light turns on, and the movie begins. But 'lo and behold, I see horrible lines outling in and around the teeth and noses of the actors, and in several other places.

What gives? I have my Sony KP-51WS500 set to full, my Philips is not "Zoomed" in. Everything is perfectly set up and I'm still getting this horrible picture. Anyone have a clue what's going on?

I played the Transporter afterward, and it looked AMAZING. No lines or anomalies anywhere...

/Steven

·
Registered
931 Posts
i believe these are the same rehashed terrible transfers. There was a thread discussing a R2 version that looked great. Well I think it was R2 it might have been another region. Anyway Anchor Bay has butchered those films.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Probably an incorrectly flagged disk confusing your dvd player. Cabaret is the same, looks terrible - deinterlacing errors everywhere.

- Rick

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
The R2 edition is what you need. It's so vastly superior, you will have a stroke when you see it.

·
Premium Member
4,929 Posts
I received the R2 a couple od weeks ago myself. Whoah! It's sweet. There's a couple of grainy shots in there but otherwise it's the best I've ever seen this movie look.

Cary

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Get the Region 3 MGM version

it is the director's cut and is remastered with those scenes. MGM has done the movie a terrific justice and to boot its NTSC so you won't need to worry about PAL speedup etc..,

here is a comparison with the R1 vs R3 version

http://www.davisdvd.com/images/screenshots/aod_r3.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.