AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this number on ebay. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about this unit.

Here is what I have found:
Manufacutres Web Page

ACB-336

* Digital, ATSC/Clear-QAM receiver

* Analog, off-air/cable NTSC receiver

* Selectable DTV output resolution (480i/480p/720p/1080i)

* HDMI Digital output

News Page

2008-09-24 New product : ACB336, ATSC/NTSC HDMI HD Receiver BOX.

The ebay entry is item number 190277976909. It looks like it's a little different then the Aonvision photo. But the feature set looks the same.

I'm interested because it has smart antenna and high-def output. Looks like it may even have RF output as well but without the manual it is hard to know, for VCR recording.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I've sent an email to both their sales and support e-mail addresses and got back the following:

Your message was rejected by mail.aonvision.com for the following reason:

Mail appears to be unsolicited -- This mail was referred to Spam-Mail.

Perhaps they've my ISP's domain on a blacklist? I'm going to try remailing the request from my work address.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I finally received a reply to my request for the stb's manual. It's brief, but does give a bit of a look at to what it has. Beyond that, about the only way to tell it to put it through it's paces.

ACB336_User_Manual_R03.pdf 448.109375k . file

Attachments

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by courier72 /forum/post/15772384

I finally received a reply to my request for the stb's manual. It's brief, but does give a bit of a look at to what it has. Beyond that, about the only way to tell it to put it through it's paces.

Thanks for getting the manual, it does look like a basic hi-def tuner box. It is only the second one I know of that has a smart antenna interface on it. I don't think I have the funds to try this out, but it would be fun.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts