AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think of this exclusively dedicated equipment for viewing full uhd/hdr10+/bluray/3D with Kodi and PowerDVD? My interest is also to play the menu. TIA

DE6340

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If any expert could give me his opinion I would be more than grateful. I've been looking at the compatibility of that integrated graphic and I haven't seen anything about it being able to play 3D, someone knows if it is.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Cheaper and faster to get a dedicated player if you want to play discs. PowerDVD is $99 and you'll have to update it at least once every couple of years. Plus, you'll spend a lot of time fussing with it. A dedicated player will be cheaper and have less issues, plus supports menu. And I believe all players on the market today support 3d still - the only one that didn't was Samsung and they no longer make disc players.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You're right, but personally I've always been more inclined to go for a mini-pc solution because it's more flexible and scalable. Having it via hardware player is certainly more direct and less problems in the short term but more limited and it ends up becoming obsolete in the medium term. Thanks for your point of view. (y)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Device discarded, amd technical support told me that it does not support playback of 3D content. 🤣

1 - 5 of 5 Posts