Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help!!!

I am what you would call a PC Dummy. Where software is concerned know next to nothing about these things but I took the plunge anyway.

The system uses XP for the OS. When installing the AP 2496 a message comes up stating that there is no digital signature with MS. I some how aborted the install by an errant key stroke. Now the PC does not even see the sound card in its chassis.

What do I do to get the PC to recognize the sound card as its not doing it automatically. Is there a particular file or folder in the Midiman set up disk that I can access to get this card installed? Any help would be appreciated.

Set Up

MB p4b266

CPU 1.6(A)

Ram 256 Crucial

OS XP Standard

Thanks

Rob

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Go into Windows Control Panel and choose System, click the Hardware tab, and click the Device Manager button. Find "Sound, video, and game controllers" in the list and expand the tree. Find the entry for M Audio, right click it, and choose Update Driver. This should ask you for the instalation CD at some point.

If that doesn't work, go through the same steps, but instead of right clicking on the M Audio entry, click it once to highlight it, and press the delete key. You should get a "Confirming Device Removal" confirmation box, choose OK. Now when you reboot it should re-detect the M Audio card and ask for the driver CD.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Helzerr, Thanks for the help your advice worked. The card is now installed. One more question. The Version that I have is .26. How do I install the .27 drivers from the Midiman site?

Must I first delete the current drivers and re install the .27 EXE file or Do I just attempt to load the .27 in the existing M audio folder?

Thanks again for your help. Ill get this one day.(or Year)

Rob

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
I don't know if you have to, but I uninstalled and re-installed mine for peace of mind.

Since they are WDM drivers, you should be able to use Device Manager's Update Driver button to update the driver successfully too.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
After downloading the zipped file called Delta_ver_27_final_2 from the Digital Connection site, unzip it. One of the files is called DeltaUninstaller.exe Simply doubleclick and run that file to uninstall your current M Audio driver. To be safe, I rebooted after doing this and then installed the new driver.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I tried to use the update driver command from XP. The system determined that the driver was not present. If memory serves the AP 2496 drivers were not zipped when I downloaded it from the Midiman site. I tried to search through the folders for some help to see if I could jump start the process. No luck there. I'm sure that I'm the problem here as I couldn't't even get Dscaler installed on my PC. Boy I feel like a blockhead. Talk about crawl before you walk, S--t I'm still on my back here.

Any Help or direction would be helpful. I'm going to get one of those books for dummies which feels like it would be a significant step up for my level of understanding.

Thanks for all the help

Rob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.