AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have had this setup for a little while now. Usually gone for weeks at a time so don't have a lot of time to annoy my neighbors

AVR: Pioneer VSX-1020K

Front R&L speakers: Energy RC-50

Center speaker: Energy RC mini CC

Surround L&R: Energy RC-10

Subwoofer: Rythmik F15 Matte black

Tv: 55" Toshiba LCD

PS3 for Blu-ray

Xbox 360

Only problem I have is getting sound right, it's an L Shaped apartment, junior 1 bedroom apartment with kitching in living room. Antimode might help, along with 2nd F15. Also need to decorate still.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry the pics are sorta big if you have low desktop resolution.

Heres another shot from the kitchen and front door showing the RC-10's and cheap futon. Placement options on speakers is really limited but I think it atleast looks cool

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Nice setup.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Nice system! RC-50's are the only RC model I don't own

How do you find the Rythmiks output to be in your apartment? I'm considering getting an F12 but am worried it might be too powerful. I'm sure the F12 will out-perform both my current subs combined (Velodyne DPS12 and Energy V8). Also, having never actually heard a Rythmik myself, how do you find the quality of bass? I envy that F15 though!

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
I'd go with a bigger center personally. Also a new stand that has an adjustable back mount so you can raise the tv enough to support a larger center. Other than that just some cable management and a nice bias light behind the tv to relieve eye strain at night. Plus they just look cool. The lamp just throws things off (for me at least).

·
Registered
10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcweber111 /forum/post/19702160

I'd go with a bigger center personally. Also a new stand that has an adjustable back mount so you can raise the tv enough to support a larger center. Other than that just some cable management and a nice bias light behind the tv to relieve eye strain at night. Plus they just look cool. The lamp just throws things off (for me at least).

Yes I would try to get a bigger CC...I have a similar setup RC-30 fronts, RC-Mini CC, RC-Mini bookshelfs...

I was getting a ton of feedback from my CC at around -15dB and louder and then I found a matching RC-LCR on eBay and it's a million times better...5stardeal has the LCR for 369 with free shipping and is bill me later eligible...

I wish I could get those nice RC-10s, those are also still on eBay but I really don't have the room right now...

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Due for an upgrade, current setup...

Energy RC-50's

Energy RC-LCR

Energy RC-10 surrounds

Rythmik F15 w/ AntiMode 8033 and Subdude

Pioneer 1020-k

Want to get RC-70's or Ascend Towers...or just add another F15 for now. What would be best?

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Well dual subs would definitely balance out the bass assuming you position them correctly. I personally think your current speakers are fine as is. Maybe a new receiver but that'd be only for a different approach. You'll appreciate another sub more than anything, in all honesty. I'm not talking louder or more bass but rather more consistent bass across the room and at all frequencies. Perhaps some wall treatments or bass traps too if possible.

I see you took my advice on the center. Have you noticed any differences?

·
Registered
5,371 Posts
Nice setup. I think you'd be hard pressed to beat the RCs for HT without spending a lot more money. The Ascends will have better resolution for music but those Energies are excellent for HT.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks guys. The RC-LCR is better then the RCmini - CC no doubt, but not a night a day difference. Maybe if I watch movies very loud, I would notice more.

I did try a backlight, I do like it.

With the sub, I do have antimode so in listening position it sounds fantastic. Once I move around the room like when listening to music, it gets really boomy. I can really only place on the front wall. If I got a second F15 it would be place about 3' 8" away, on the other side of the TV. Hoping that would be enough seperation.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Peen, I just bought a pair of RC-50s, should be shipped by around Friday of next week. Have the RC-LCR, and switching from RC-10 mains and pushing those back to the rears to replace my Take Classic satellites. What should I be expecting from the RC-50/RC-LCR/RC-10 setup? I'm super excited...just thought I'd ask someone with pretty much my exact setup (minus the Rythmik- I have an Outlaw LFM-2 w/subdude)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The RC-50's just sound fuller and with a bigger sound then the RC-10's. They play down to the crossover of 80hz I have set better then the 10's no doubt, even when I use MCACC. I think you will like them better. Let me know what you think when you get them.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Out of all the upgrades I've done I would rate having the sub EQ as the best by far, even more then going from RC-10's to 50's, or Mini CC to LCR. Subdude made zero difference which I kind of expected that.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.