AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at either 2 10D's or 1 12D', I am not worried about shaking the walls, only on quality of sound, I am 50/50 ht and music, looking for owners opinions, thanks

·
The Village Idiot
9,738 Posts
The 10" dual plays to 30hz -3db. For that price I wouldn't consider it. There are lots of subs that play to 20hz - and for less money. the 12" has better specs - but there are better choices for under $1k.

Take a look at the offerings from Elemental Designs - HSU - and SVS . There are many others but these are some of the main Internet Direct players.

Why not get a sub that can not only knock the walls down but reproduce a cello note with ease? A good sub can do it all.

·
Registered
410 Posts
HSU has the ULS-15 on sale for the same price as the 12D...IMO it will give better quality output but the footprint is a bit larger. Aperion has free shipping both ways so this helps if you decide to send it back.

http://www.hsuresearch.com/products/uls15.html

HSU's VTF 3.3 is less expensive and will be a great all around sub if you don't mind the dimensions. Most are extremely happy with them from what I've read.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Don't forget to consider dual Epik Empires for $1,499.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts