AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Aperion Verus 3 Grand tower

Let me get this out of the way, the Aperion Verus 3 tower is INCREDIBLE. This direct from company speaker manufacture does more right at $1,200 a speaker than other companies I've reviewed that cost 10 to 20x the price. This is no small feet, nor is it anything to be over looked with Furniture-Grade Finish by anyone looking to purchase a pair of seriously well made towers. I had the pleasure of having mine in piano black beautiful just beautiful. One of the best looking speakers I've had in house PERIOD!

Build quality:

Aperion towers are a site to behold, weighing just about 60lbs each and standing at 43"H x8" W x 12"d solid is a understatement. First thing I did was the knock test man O man they are solid as rock. They cabinets are slightly curved and rare Anti-Resonant, Internally Braced, Dual Rear Ported. They have 2 optional port plugs if you want to bump them a little closer to the wall, I had mine about 2 ft off and your rooms will very. The cone configuration is two 6.5" woven kevlar woofers with PVC dust cap and very nice rubber surrounds handle the bass tactfully . Two 5.25" Kevlar Woofers with Aluminum Phase Plugs, They take of the mids fantastically . Also 1" Custom ASR Tweeter with ferrofluid take care of the highs, and do a awesome job at that. These are a 3-way D’Appolito design, looks are INCREDIBLE!

These were easily moved around, with custom aluminum bases, floor spikes and footers at no time did I feel like they would tip over or be unstable or fall on my kids. They utilize a TrebleMod feature that allows for reduction of the speakers high frequency response. At first I thought that could be a bit hokey, once I started playing with it the system allows 0dB and -3dB to fine tune your room to your taste. It just works , it's for people with “live” rooms that have a large amount of reflective surfaces to tune accordingly. They have Bi-Ampable 5-Way Gold-Plated Binding Posts, that easily hold 12 gauge wire is always a nice touch at any price point.

How they Sound and Sensitivity:

These are 92 dB @ 6 Ohms. The Frequency Response is (+/- 3dB) 45-30,000 Hz -- (+/- 6dB) 35-35,000 Hz. I figured ok , lets see how had I can drive them and how much power it will take to get them there. I am using a Denone AVR X6200 with my Emotiva UPA 500 driving the towers in my theater ,I also have a 25w x 2 tube amp. Now MOST speaker manufactures LOVE to play blues, classical or some type of female vocals to show off the speakers. LAME! Can these do that, yes VERY good.

My thought has always been if a company has nothing to hide they will let you play the songs you like on that system. So I started with Pantera from Vulgar Display Of Power, and went right the the song A New Level. Now if they were going to fall on their face it would be here, from the kick drum or the raw power of the guitar. Lets just say I was SHOCKED! I have herd 20k speakers NOT be able to do what these just did, blew me away I needed to hear more. Next Reclamation from Lamb Of God of of the album Wraith, great intro to that with acoustics right to the meat of the song. They handled it incredibly. I played everything from Nora Jones to Daft Punk to Slayer, not at one time did these break up or sound muddy. Color me super impressed.

If I were going to tell you they might be slight on the warm side of neutral , not to laid back but not tearing your head off the way a lesser refined over bearing AMT might. Just smooth and refined sound, very pleasant to listen to and not fatiguing at all.With movies just a breeze, A+ on that sound. The Imaging of these makes it very easy on the ears borderline INCREDIBLE! There is a nice 3D depth of sound you get from listening to the instruments. Nice and very spacious behind and in front of the speakers them selves. Again supprised in every way.

Conclusion:

Lets get right to this, Aperion offers 60-Day In-Home Audition FREE SHIPPING on All Regular Priced Items Both Ways, Up to 10 Year Transferable Warranty LIFETIME Technical Support and a 1 YEAR Trade Up Program. This is in case they come out with a new tower you may want you can get it!. This a sweet deal no matter how you look at it NO RISK what so ever.

Will they be for everyone? No, nothing is but it's pretty close Aperion has created a special speaker here. One that has sound that matches it good looks. I hear a TON of super high end systems. I know there is a point of diminishing returns with high end audio, and there is a sweet spot to hit for people whom want that experience without spending over 10k. per speaker. If this sounds like you, go the Aperions website and give them a try.

Most have not heard them I guarantee it. Do not let that stop you from trying out this companies product, they put A LOT of R&D in and it shows. If I had only 1 caveat, I'd offer a black wood grain Oak or Walnut finish because they do get little finger prints on them from my kids, minor nit pick plus it might save a couple more bucks on cost. If I had to give these a score out of 10, they would be a solid 9.2 all day long! Nothing is perfect but for the money these are pretty dam close! A+ guys A+ color me very impressed!

Also if you are are into Amazon,they are up on that site.So please go and check them out!

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=aperion+verus+iii&crid=3V5NHTWKZSAFX&sprefix=Aperio,aps,154&ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_6

https://www.aperionaudio.com/collections/verus-speakers/products/verus-iii-grand-tower-speaker?variant=109832286416977

Attachments

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Good review, thanks!

I recent had the chance to listen to these at their showroom up in Portland, OR.

I found these to be quite warm.

I could see why they would be closer to neutral if AMTs, which are normally heard as soft and laid back, were harsh to you.

Do you have anything to compare these to?

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I have done a few reviews on here for the site. So many brands came through, deff one of the most pleasing sounds to come in house especially for the price. I have others here now I cant say, but so far out of all I've had and my own def Techs also a pair of pro types I have these are my favorites. :)

·
Registered
21,615 Posts
Aperion Verus 3 Grand tower

Let me get this out of the way, the Aperion Verus 3 tower is INCREDIBLE. This direct from company speaker manufacture does more right at $1,200 a speaker than other companies I've reviewed that cost 10 to 20x the price. This is no small feet, nor is it anything to be over looked with Furniture-Grade Finish by anyone looking to purchase a pair of seriously well made towers. I had the pleasure of having mine in piano black beautiful just beautiful. One of the best looking speakers I've had in house PERIOD!

Build quality:

Aperion towers are a site to behold, weighing just about 60lbs each and standing at 43"H x8" W x 12"d solid is a understatement. First thing I did was the knock test man O man they are solid as rock. They cabinets are slightly curved and rare Anti-Resonant, Internally Braced, Dual Rear Ported. They have 2 optional port plugs if you want to bump them a little closer to the wall, I had mine about 2 ft off and your rooms will very. The cone configuration is two 6.5" woven kevlar woofers with PVC dust cap and very nice rubber surrounds handle the bass tactfully . Two 5.25" Kevlar Woofers with Aluminum Phase Plugs, They take of the mids fantastically . Also 1" Custom ASR Tweeter with ferrofluid take care of the highs, and do a awesome job at that. These are a 3-way D’Appolito design, looks are INCREDIBLE!

These were easily moved around, with custom aluminum bases, floor spikes and footers at no time did I feel like they would tip over or be unstable or fall on my kids. They utilize a TrebleMod feature that allows for reduction of the speakers high frequency response. At first I thought that could be a bit hokey, once I started playing with it the system allows 0dB and -3dB to fine tune your room to your taste. It just works , it's for people with “live” rooms that have a large amount of reflective surfaces to tune accordingly. They have Bi-Ampable 5-Way Gold-Plated Binding Posts, that easily hold 12 gauge wire is always a nice touch at any price point.

How they Sound and Sensitivity:

These are 92 dB @ 6 Ohms. The Frequency Response is (+/- 3dB) 45-30,000 Hz -- (+/- 6dB) 35-35,000 Hz. I figured ok , lets see how had I can drive them and how much power it will take to get them there. I am using a Denone AVR X6200 with my Emotiva UPA 500 driving the towers in my theater ,I also have a 25w x 2 tube amp. Now MOST speaker manufactures LOVE to play blues, classical or some type of female vocals to show off the speakers. LAME! Can these do that, yes VERY good.

My thought has always been if a company has nothing to hide they will let you play the songs you like on that system. So I started with Pantera from Vulgar Display Of Power, and went right the the song A New Level. Now if they were going to fall on their face it would be here, from the kick drum or the raw power of the guitar. Lets just say I was SHOCKED! I have herd 20k speakers NOT be able to do what these just did, blew me away I needed to hear more. Next Reclamation from Lamb Of God of of the album Wraith, great intro to that with acoustics right to the meat of the song. They handled it incredibly. I played everything from Nora Jones to Daft Punk to Slayer, not at one time did these break up or sound muddy. Color me super impressed.

If I were going to tell you they might be slight on the warm side of neutral , not to laid back but not tearing your head off the way a lesser refined over bearing AMT might. Just smooth and refined sound, very pleasant to listen to and not fatiguing at all.With movies just a breeze, A+ on that sound. The Imaging of these makes it very easy on the ears borderline INCREDIBLE! There is a nice 3D depth of sound you get from listening to the instruments. Nice and very spacious behind and in front of the speakers them selves. Again supprised in every way.

Conclusion:

Lets get right to this, Aperion offers 60-Day In-Home Audition FREE SHIPPING on All Regular Priced Items Both Ways, Up to 10 Year Transferable Warranty LIFETIME Technical Support and a 1 YEAR Trade Up Program. This is in case they come out with a new tower you may want you can get it!. This a sweet deal no matter how you look at it NO RISK what so ever.

Will they be for everyone? No, nothing is but it's pretty close Aperion has created a special speaker here. One that has sound that matches it good looks. I hear a TON of super high end systems. I know there is a point of diminishing returns with high end audio, and there is a sweet spot to hit for people whom want that experience without spending over 10k. per speaker. If this sounds like you, go the Aperions website and give them a try.

Most have not heard them I guarantee it. Do not let that stop you from trying out this companies product, they put A LOT of R&D in and it shows. If I had only 1 caveat, I'd offer a black wood grain Oak or Walnut finish because they do get little finger prints on them from my kids, minor nit pick plus it might save a couple more bucks on cost. If I had to give these a score out of 10, they would be a solid 9.2 all day long! Nothing is perfect but for the money these are pretty dam close! A+ guys A+ color me very impressed!

Also if you are are into Amazon,they are up on that site.So please go and check them out!

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=aperion+verus+iii&crid=3V5NHTWKZSAFX&sprefix=Aperio,aps,154&ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_6

https://www.aperionaudio.com/collections/verus-speakers/products/verus-iii-grand-tower-speaker?variant=109832286416977
Very nice, enjoy.

You mentioned it but just a not to those considering these at their current small discount on the Aperion site.

Any discount precludes free return shipping.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts