AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had BDP-1000 since 2 weeks befor it was officially released. Except for some pq issues and such I have never had any mechanical proplems. It never has refused to load or play a disc. Until now. I have all the latest firmware updates (1.1) released in feb. I purchased the disc tues at cc tried to play today it froze on the hour glass. (which reappeared with 1.1 update). After several tries I was able to return the movie to cc and as they had no other to exchange, kindly gave me a refund, and I purchased it at best buy. Same issues called buena vista, referred me to Samsung. They stated they have had a few issues with this tittle called in and will get one and test it out. It could be a need for further firmware updates. So save your money and aggravation on this tittle, until issue is settled. They asked me to be patient and call back next week. Am I happy (not at all) but have no choice. Just sitting with a movie I cannot watch. Also makes me hesitate to buy any more at this point. Have HD-A1 never had any issues like this (yet).

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Are you sure you have 1.1 firmware? The hourglass thing has been gone a while with the latest updates. Apocalypto was one of the movies I didn't have any trouble with and it loaded really quick and played without issue. Check your firmware just to make sure (not sure how you do that, but . . .).

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Firmware sent to me by samsung. case says 1.1. When I installed it I questioned Samsung on the hourglass reappearing. They said it should have. I reloaded it again and no difference. They said some other people were calling in same problem. I sort of feel they sent me the wrong firmware but they said that is impossable. I am not to computer literate and that is why I had them do it. I do have a feeling you might be right .

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
go to the samsung support site and download the 1.1 firmware. install it. you'lll be good then.

·
Registered
12,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by william06 /forum/post/0

Firmware sent to me by samsung. case says 1.1. When I installed it I questioned Samsung on the hourglass reappearing. They said it should have. I reloaded it again and no difference. They said some other people were calling in same problem. I sort of feel they sent me the wrong firmware but they said that is impossable. I am not to computer literate and that is why I had them do it. I do have a feeling you might be right .

I think you might be right. The presence of the hour glass tells me you are on older firmware.

If you have access to the Internet and a CD burner on your computer you can download and burn the firmware update yourself by following this guide:
http://product.samsung.com/bluray/bdp1000upgrade.html

Just make sure you unzip the 3 files and burn them as an ISO image.

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is there any where on this site that has simple instructions how to unzip a file and burn the disc for the sammy firmware. I am quite computer illiterate I am embarrased to say.

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Finally fixed the problem. When I started this thread I had the problem stated above. It seems the issue was when Samsung sent me the firmware disc it was a wrong or misloaded issue. I questioned it when I first loaded it they assured me it was right even thought the hour glass was back. Whe I started to get stutter on newer discs and appocalypto would not load, they assumed there was an issue with the player not the firmware. they said they would check. I reloaded it still no better. Finally as I stated I am not computer savy and could not download and burn myself. I hired an expert to come over sat and do it. For $80.00 he downloaded the firmware 1.1 burned the disc using nero and amazingly everything fell into place. It not only loaded and played apocalypto flawlessly I whent back to discs with the stutter and the stutter was gone. But I was assured by Samsung that they could never send the wrong firmware update. These guys are unreal. As I stated in the past for me the worst and most unprofessional customer service I have run into. But the player now works great. Good product poorly trained customer service especially level 1 and 2.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.