What Tier is Apocalypto?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
top tier one

some dark scenes didn't cut it for me...maybe its my LCD, but I would say Tier 1

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Feel free to state exactly WHERE in tier (?) you would place it. It will not only help place it more accurately but save repetitive posts in the Tier thread once it is decided which tier to place it in.

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
I don't believe in fairy tales or the tier system but I voted for the zero tier here.

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
I would place it at the bottom of tier 0...

·
Registered
813 Posts
Top of Tier 1 due to some inconsistencies in overall appearance. I guess this is due to multiple filming techs used. Its not perfect!

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Tier 0..on my system :0)

·
Banned
34,841 Posts
Tier 0

A show-off disk to guests...to be sure.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Kind of hard to decide... because of the inconsistency (which isn't necessarily terrible, but you can definitely tell where the different cameras where used, even within the same general scene) I can't decide if it's a tier zero or tier 1 -- if it was tier 1, it'd definitely be at the top of it, no doubt... or low Tier 0.

None of the scenes look bad at all though (the issue is that it's noticeable and not that any shots look bad at all), it's just the distinct changes that don't seem to have any reason (like using the 35mm for only certain types of shots) -- it seemed somewhat random as to what was used when at times and because of that became a mild distraction (once you know it's hard to stop noticing!).

I watched it with 4 friends on Wednesday and I don't think any of them could tell... they all thought it looked great, so it's likely a case of being too picky. I'll go with Tier 0, because there is little that looks as good overall on either format that I've seen -- definitely some of the best stuff all around though.

·
Registered
7,204 Posts
The best looking Blu-ray live action title I have ever seen.

It should be on top of anyone's BD Tier list. Unfortunately Fett doesn't agree.

Oh well.

·
Registered
3,778 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xylon /forum/post/0

The best looking Blu-ray live action title I have ever seen.

It should be on top of anyone's BD Tier list. Unfortunately Fett doesn't agree.

Oh well.

Fett's gone.

·
Registered
392 Posts
It looked great on my set-up! It was also a very good film! That counts for something.

There were a couple of dark scenes that kept it from being upper tier "0", but it was good enough to be middle "0", and in my opinion the the top non-CGI film!

Tony

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Demo material and best movie of the year!

·
Registered
719 Posts
Definately Demo material; top (#1) of tier 1 and I voted tier 1...just doesn't blow me away like the skull in DMC does

·
Registered
673 Posts
the top spot in tier 1 or in tier 0....

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.