AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Has your mobile device been calibrated? If not, how do you know if the colors it is rendering are correct? This is nothing more than a color comparing. In the years past calibrators would use color and white balance reference cards. Thank God for probes and software. Apps are nothing more than trying to sell the old reference card method with a modern twist. Anybody with a little knowledge of video calibration would avoid this.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I used the X-rite ColorTrue app on my tablet. Did improve the picture color quality. However ala Windows will only correct colors with ColorTrue enabled apps.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
522 Posts
As I stated before, since you are using the mobile device as a reference source; has that device been calibrated? This method is an old discarded method. Never in a THX class will it ever be endorsed as a method for calibrating any display.

Imagine how much money calibrators would save by utilizing a $10.00 app. Instead, thousands are spent on other forms of equipment. Even if you are using apple equipment it is more likely not going to work at all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts