AVS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is definitely a year to mark as Pioneer has achieved the seemingly impossible task of creating a digital display that basically emits no light when rendering black, basically a "true black".

The next thing they need to do is find a way into the 32" market segment as we still have nothing out there that can beat CRT's in the bedroom TV market. Again, I am just so excited that the technology that, in my opinion, looked the most promising (and pleasant looking) finally prevailed over all these other failures. Also, I find it fascinating that in the professional audio community we still use tubes extensively to get the best results when either recording, listening, or performing music and they still have not made digital technology that can surpass the sound of the analog (especially tube) based equipment but yet in a matter of, what, a decade or so we now have a technology that should be able to beat the best CRT ever made.

Now, the big question, when will these be coming out? I could not care less about the thickness of the upcoming displays I just want these revolutionary black levels.

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Gee, I can't wait for the next Pioneer thread where the poster swears his Kuro also helped him take a leak! Geezm!

I thought it was bad last year with the PANAcitism but this Pioneer cult thing is getting a little creepy. It's become the official Pioneer website!

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Disco, if it upsets you so much that people are excited about their Pio tv's and upcoming tv's, can I suggest you just avoid threads like this one? Enjoy your Samsung in peace.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I am NOT a Pio fan boy. I could care less who made it- I would buy a Vizo if it were that good. All I can say is that it is stunning..., and a remarkable enough improvement that it turned my wifes head.

The good news is that next year, all Plasma will be this good, and it won't just be Pios that get all the press. So, yes, maybe a bit sick of Kuro this and Pio that, but it is deserved. It is not an incremental improvement, it is a turning point.

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
I don't know about all other plasmas catching up to 8g kuro's though. Are they all improving their crappy processors? Will the measured black levels be as good?

And the 9g's, which the OP is speaking of are another step up for pio.

The new Panny's high end series do sound intriguing.

·
Registered
654 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by discopaul /forum/post/12886628

Gee, I can't wait for the next Pioneer thread where the poster swears his Kuro also helped him take a leak! Geezm!

I thought it was bad last year with the PANAcitism but this Pioneer cult thing is getting a little creepy. It's become the official Pioneer website!

and why shouldn't it? since when does a tv do nearly everything beautifully with very few issues and cost a reasonable price?

Pioneer's been the best of the best for a long while, but until recently the value guys like most on this forum wouldn't pull the trigger with a 3000+$ pricetag, cut that to $2000 and the choice is clear

·
Registered
1,362 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfac /forum/post/12887314

I am NOT a Pio fan boy. I could care less who made it- I would buy a Vizo if it were that good. All I can say is that it is stunning..., and a remarkable enough improvement that it turned my wifes head.

Exactly my thoughts in fact my first plasma purchase (a month ago) was a 1080p Panasonic, but when I exchanged it for a 5080HD Kuro I was literally floored at the overall picture quality, Heck I still am whenever I watch movies on it.

Ive been waiting and waiting for someone to produce a tv with CRT like black levels (even in a darkened room) I was starting to lose hope, Kudos to Pioneer for offering this kind of quality AND at a reasonable price.

·
Registered
5,738 Posts
The Kuros focused on black levels which is something that has needed to be addressed for a long, long time in digital displays. However, the 9Gs WON'T have absolute blacks. They are supposed to provide about the same amount of difference over the 8Gs is to how much better the 8Gs were over the 7Gs which should be a big jump, albeit not absolute. I for one hope they are brighter and the white level improves as well.

·
Registered
817 Posts

Quote:

I .....!

well...it actually does help with that as well, the only problem i have is needing to turn sideways to get through the bathroom door when my panny 58" is strapped to my back...

·
Registered
918 Posts
In two years when Panasonic has all of their new plasma fabs up and running we will be seeing curtains for Pioneer. Remember who said this. There will have to be consolidation among the manufacturers in the next couple of years. Vizio will be no more in 3 and a half years.

·
Registered
4,590 Posts

Quote:

Your constant harping on the subject is more than a little creepy!.

It appears that Pioneer Kuro has stimulated your leak taking capacity, since all you appear to do is piddle on every Pioneer thread. Slap a catheter bag on it, and just watch which ever panel you prefer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts