AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received my new and brilliant Sony XBR75X940E last night and wanted to set it up with my existing Sony HTCT Soundbar and MDR700's. I don't want to invest in a new sound system just yet.

SO, I found a well reviewed ViewHD audio splitter that does HDMI passthrough, as well as HDR10 and Dolby Vision. I have confirmed that it all works splendidly (not DV, as the XBR doesn't support it yet). I set it up last night in this configuration (see attachment).

The system works perfectly. I get Dolby Digital 5.1 sound to my soundbar and all is well.

However, when I switched the system on this morning, I got static/snow on the TV and cycling through the ViewHD splitter options didn't help. I had to disconnect and reconnect the ViewHD to get a picture on my screen.

The system is set to wake up with the Apple Remote, and I think it starts the TV/Apple TV at the same time. The ViewHD splitter didn't come with a remote and was on all night. SO that makes me think it is a HDMI handshake issue?

Any ideas on how I might start devices up, or in which order I need to start them up so that the wife doesn't freak out every time?

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts