AVS Forum banner

30101 - 30120 of 30748 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Infuse is Apple only is it not?

If I go down the ATV route, it sounds like this is the app to use though....
Yes, Infuse is specific to the Apple ecosystem. Additionally, if you do have a Plex Server and prefer to use it for its superior scrubbing and customizable file management, you can integrate your Plex library with Infuse and use it for a player only.

That’s exactly how I use it... ;)

·
Registered
3,567 Posts

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
Bah, you're right of course. Hadn't had my 2nd cup of coffee this a.m. and was thinking only "works with all manner of vids" and not the platform it runs on, sorry everyone.

:eek:

I need three cups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
620 Posts
If I use the NBC app to watch an on demand show, the app works fine, but every time I try to watch the live feed the app quits. Does anyone else see this behavior?

·
Registered
5,815 Posts
If I use the NBC app to watch an on demand show, the app works fine, but every time I try to watch the live feed the app quits. Does anyone else see this behavior?
It’s working fine for me.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Your wording confused me but Infuse is tvOS only.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's incorrect. It works on iPhone and iPad as well.

Reactions: bmcleod

·
Registered
3,567 Posts

Yep, you’re right. I should have just said “Apple” devices.

Reactions: flyinion

·
Registered
480 Posts
"Just a quick correction - mkv CAN do Atmos - it’s the AppleTV that can’t"

Obviously just saw that. This is not exactly true. If you're talking about the full blown "Atmos", full blown audio, okay. ATMOS works just fine with the APPLETV and how providers like VUDU do Atmos.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts

Obviously just saw that. This is not exactly true. If you're talking about the full blown "Atmos", full blown audio, okay. ATMOS works just fine with the APPLETV and how providers like VUDU do Atmos.
Full blown I'd equate to lossless. Not the streamed lossy equivalent, where depending on the time of day or feelings of someone in apple you may or may not get it as opposed to lossy 5.1.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts

No I was correcting a point made that MKV won’t do Atmos - it does. AppleTV doesn’t support MKV/Atmos playback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
Yep, you’re right. I should have just said “Apple” devices.
And as a huge aside, rumor has it that "iPhoneOS" is about to join "tvOS" and "iPadOS" and WatchOS and MacOS...what'd I miss.

I sometimes have doubts that even Apple can keep track of everything they are into! :p

·
Registered
550 Posts
And as a huge aside, rumor has it that "iPhoneOS" is about to join "tvOS" and "iPadOS" and WatchOS and MacOS...what'd I miss.
Are you saying iOS will be renamed iPhoneOS? (hope not, but I guess we’d find out this week). As for what you missed, if you want to go back to the Apple // there was ProDOS, rumor has it the Infuse won’t yet run on it. :)

·
Registered
640 Posts
I don't know why some people was expecting it. WWDC is almost software only, not a hardware gig.
Not so. Many hardware gets announced at WWDC. Apple Watch. iPhones. iMac. Mac Pros. The 4K ATV as a matter of fact.

Reactions: jeep05
30101 - 30120 of 30748 Posts