AVS Forum banner

31421 - 31440 of 31502 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Really starting to get annoyed at Google. Still only getting 1080p on 4k30fps SDR videos. Ugh

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
All I will say is I don’t have the problem.
I haven't heard the center channel hopping around either, and I watch a lot of Netflix stuff.

Running a 9.2.2 system through a Denon AVR.

Perhaps it's 'regional', which is to say the issue exists on some Netflix servers but not others. Or something completely different.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
All I will say is I don’t have the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’ve seen the problem once on NetFlix. It was clearly a problem, and not intended, and was short lived. I’m not sure it is was corrupt encoding, corrupt data stream, application bug, OS bug, AVR, or even an hdmi cable problem.

I have a 5.1.2 Atmos setup. I’ve seen on other occasions sounds jumping from to speaker to speaker but those cases were clearly as intended and different in character from my one time occurrence.

I did not bother to note the show or try to reproduce my one time occurrence. If I was experiencing it regularly I’d investigate more. For me it is not an issue that I’m concerned about but it did cause me to believe that others do sometimes see an issue.

Why it seems to be a frequent issue to some folks and only on NetFlix is to say the least interesting.

·
Registered
5,684 Posts
OK, the new Iphone can create a DV video but I wonder how can we actually watch it on a big screen TV. Is Apple planning to make the Apple TV an interface with a new AirPlay ? The HDMI adapter also limits the output to 1080P. Time for a new ATV box ?

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Will they ever fix the Netflix center channel jumping? I am about to invest in a different device. It's so annoying.
That’s been going on for quite a while. I first noticed it when Dolemite is my name became available. I talked with Netflix a few times and supposedly had a ticket entered but nothing ever got resolved. Never did talk to Apple, but others have with no results. I finally broke down and purchased a Firecube just for Netflix Atmos 😡. On sale on Prime day today buy the way.
Also, not everyone has this problem.

·
Registered
34 Posts
That’s been going on for quite a while. I first noticed it when Dolemite is my name became available. I talked with Netflix a few times and supposedly had a ticket entered but nothing ever got resolved. Never did talk to Apple, but others have with no results. I finally broke down and purchased a Firecube just for Netflix Atmos 😡. On sale on Prime day today buy the way.
Also, not everyone has this problem.
I just hate to have to buy another streaming device. I have the 64 GB version. Not sure if that makes a difference as to who has the problem and who doesn't.

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
I just hate to have to buy another streaming device. I have the 64 GB version. Not sure if that makes a difference as to who has the problem and who doesn't.
I have a 32 GB and had the same problem. Switching to the FireTV cube or my nVidia has been my fix. As a result I haven't tried Netflix Atmos on the ATV4K since iOS 14

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
What’s the deal with no Atmos again on the Disney plus app? Mandalorian didn’t have it then had it and now doesn’t have it. Also missing from Star Wars movies?

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I experienced the moving dialogue Atmos issue when watching Freaks: You’re One of Us. It got so bad I switched to watching it on my Xbox. The movie is terrible so check it out only to evaluate the problem. I had experienced this issue before but this was the worst it has been by far.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
I'm getting the moving dialog issue playing S1, E1 of "Tiny World" on my ATV4K. Paul Rudd's narration was frequently jumping between the center and left channel (mid-word). I'm using plain ARC to a non-Atmos receiver, so I'm just getting DD+ at the AVR. Rudd's narration is anchored to the center when playing the same from the Apple TV app on my LG C9.

·
Registered
10,006 Posts
I'm getting the moving dialog issue playing S1, E1 of "Tiny World" on my ATV4K. Paul Rudd's narration was frequently jumping between the center and left channel (mid-word). I'm using plain ARC to a non-Atmos receiver, so I'm just getting DD+ at the AVR. Rudd's narration is anchored to the center when playing the same from the Apple TV app on my LG C9.
I watched the entire season of "Tiny World" and didn't notice it but not always watching on ATV4k device. I've only noticed the "moving dialog issue" on the Netflix app on the ATV4k.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Anyone watched The Haunting of Bly House on Netflix with Dolby Vision? Am using settings by Sonoftumble which have worked well, but the night or dark scenes in this series are really really dark. Tried raising brightness a little but no help. Just wondering.

·
Registered
20,424 Posts
Anyone watched The Haunting of Bly House on Netflix with Dolby Vision? Am using settings by Sonoftumble which have worked well, but the night or dark scenes in this series are really really dark. Tried raising brightness a little but no help. Just wondering.
It’s a dark show, so it’s not recommended to watch during the day. Not sure there is much you can do without compromising the total PQ. I watch the show at night and haven’t had any issues with the dark images.

·
Registered
145 Posts
We do watch it at night, I can't imagine watching during daytime. May have to check some more settings. When it switches to a light or daytime scene its like the light switch was turned on and is fine. Strange.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I think I might jump ship from my AppleTv4K to the new Roku Ultra now that it supports Dolby Vision, I just prefer the simple menu system and remote of Roku. There’s no reason to assume that apps like AppleTV+ (or Netflix, Amazon, YouTube etc) play at a higher bitrate and quality on an AppleTv vs a Roku right?

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
I think I might jump ship from my AppleTv4K to the new Roku Ultra now that it supports Dolby Vision, I just prefer the simple menu system and remote of Roku. There’s no reason to assume that apps like AppleTV+ (or Netflix, Amazon, YouTube etc) play at a higher bitrate and quality on an AppleTv vs a Roku right?
Apple TV app on the FireTV Stick 4K has a bit-rate between 10-15 Mbps on 4K movies and Originals, I can’t test on the Apple TV device but I heard it’s around 30 Mbps on the same material. I would guess the FireTV would behave more like the Roku but idk. It does seem to be a reduced quality compared to the Apple TV device though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
I watched the entire season of "Tiny World" and didn't notice it but not always watching on ATV4k device. I've only noticed the "moving dialog issue" on the Netflix app on the ATV4k.
I suspect this is new to 14.0.2 (or maybe 14.0.1).

31421 - 31440 of 31502 Posts