AVS Forum banner

31461 - 31480 of 31502 Posts

·
Registered
3,752 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
While watching the first episode of the new season of the Amazing Race on CBS All Access app, I get weird voice over narration of action taking place in the show. Voice Over and Audio Descriptions are off in Settings -> Accessibility. I do not get the same issue on other apps, other shows in the CBS app, or watching the Amazing Race episode in a browser. Any idea what might be causing this or how to fix it?

·
Registered
61 Posts
No, just one of my subscriptions had 4K videos, was able to test there. Tbh it’s not impressive (as I would expect). Until they add HDR it’s a ¯\(ツ)/¯.
it also is limited to 30fps, and a lot of videos that are full 2160p on other devices (including iPhone and iPad) are limited to 1440p on the  tv, google needs to fix the YT app.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Well I think that center channel problem in atmos just switched over to 5.1 too. Except it’s doing it on all of my netflix apps this morning. I just get the background noise and no dialog.
Edit: tv just needed restarting

·
Registered
932 Posts
Well I think that center channel problem in atmos just switched over to 5.1 too. Except it’s doing it on all of my netflix apps this morning. I just get the background noise and no dialog.
Edit: tv just needed restarting
is your ATV4K connected directly to your tv or to an a/v receiver?

·
Registered
541 Posts
I did several months ago and posted here. Here’s a brief update done just now.
Rogue One 4K DoVi/Atmos

Movies Anywhere 25 - 32 Mbps
iTunes - 20 - 31 Mbps
Vudu - 22 - 35 Mbps

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Those must be peak values? If so, do remember what the averages were?

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Those must be peak values? If so, do remember what the averages were?
“Average“ bitrate video is the first number and “indicated” bitrate peak is the second number. Those are current values.

·
Registered
12,618 Posts
it also is limited to 30fps, and a lot of videos that are full 2160p on other devices (including iPhone and iPad) are limited to 1440p on the  tv, google needs to fix the YT app.
No, that's an Apple problem to fix. It looks like the SoC in ATV is just not powerful enough.

·
Registered
541 Posts
“Average“ bitrate video is the first number and “indicated” bitrate peak is the second number. Those are current values.
Thx. Somehow my brain filtered out the first number. I’m pleasantly surprised the numbers are that high.

Did you say you also provided examples for the various streaming services?

·
Registered
935 Posts
No, that's an Apple problem to fix. It looks like the SoC in ATV is just not powerful enough.
That is why I am disappointed that the next Gen Apple TV will not be available until early next year. Apple is risking losing a lot of sales to the new ROKU box , if it preforms better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,618 Posts
People with iPhone/iPad will always pick Apple TV over any other platform. Performance isn't that much of big deal when all you want is just streaming. Does Roku box support AIrPlay?

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Thx. Somehow my brain filtered out the first number. I’m pleasantly surprised the numbers are that high.

Did you say you also provided examples for the various streaming services?
They were screenshots that Xcode generated. More data points such as audio bitrates, network speed, frame rate, source and display resolution, etc...stuff like that.

Reactions: pheare

·
Registered
167 Posts

·
Registered
12,618 Posts
How about Homekit support? My only reason for buying ATV is for Homekit support so that iPhones can access and control devices through internet.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
408 Posts
I did several months ago and posted here. Here’s a brief update done just now.
Rogue One 4K DoVi/Atmos

Movies Anywhere 25 - 32 Mbps
iTunes - 20 - 31 Mbps
Vudu - 22 - 35 Mbps

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
vudu upped their nitrates? They used to be the lowest afaik.

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Reactions: Mike_WI

·
Registered
646 Posts
How about Homekit support? My only reason for buying ATV is for Homekit support so that iPhones can access and control devices through internet.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
According to 9To5Mac, HomeKit integration is coming along with AirPlay 2.

31461 - 31480 of 31502 Posts