AVS Forum banner

31521 - 31538 of 31538 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Quick question. When I use the SlingTV through my ATV 4K and run the audio through my AVR and speakers using surround sound, the audio is awful. There is a squeaking sound that hurts my ears. However, it is not there when I put the AVR in stereo. I do not have this problem with any other app on my ATV. Any ideas? Thanks!
Sling has surround sound only on its premium movie channels. I wouldn't think that would cause the squeaking though.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Forgive me if this has been pointed out before, but looks like the Prime Video app has added support for their X-Ray feature; you swipe up while the progress bar is on-screen.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Forgive me if this has been pointed out before, but looks like the Prime Video app has added support for their X-Ray feature; you swipe up while the progress bar is on-screen.
X-Ray is there for quite a while now but then was broken with the update to tvOS14. And then was fixed again a few days ago with the latest Prime Video app update (although I had to delete and reinstall the app to bring X-Ray back). But the X-Ray infos that are shown on top of the progress bar are still jumping up und down a little bit since Apple added the white highlight to the currently running time with tvOS14. They are also not hidden anymore when you pause playback for scrubbing but stay visible on top of the video thumbnail. Looks very ugly. But at least the feature is functional again.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Sling has surround sound only on its premium movie channels. I wouldn't think that would cause the squeaking though.
I am not using any of their premium channels. Just the basic ones.

·
Premium Member
3,935 Posts
The latest episode of Star Trek Discvoery is again missing DV in Apple TV Channels.
While It is in Dolby Vision on the stand alone All Access App. I would have thought the same source would be used by both the App and the Channel.

·
Registered
240 Posts
While It is in Dolby Vision on the stand alone All Access APP. I would have thought the same source would be used by both the App and the Channel.
Yes it is. The point of my post is to update people of the progress of Apple fixing the issue where HDR content from CBS and Showtime are not in HDR in Apple TV Channels.

Also, I prefer not to use the CBS app because, in my opinion, picture is better in Apple TV Channels over the app. This is true for HDR content as well.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Need help My Apple4K tv stopped playing atmos on all apps that are supported?
I have other devices that I get Atmos with through my Denon receiver so I eliminated that as the issue. With ATV it’s show showing multi in + Dolby digital surround? ATV settings are showing all audio formats including Atmos? Should I reboot the ATV? Any other advice?

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
I got Atmos to work by turning on beta update, weird? I turned off beta after it updated and I’m getting Atmos now.

·
Registered
946 Posts
I got Atmos to work by turning on beta update, weird? I turned off beta after it updated and I’m getting Atmos now.
Maybe the public firmware has a bug? The beta did not play Atmos a month ago. Two update later and the beta is flawless. Is the public firmware the defective beta? Or are you the only one to experience this problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
933 Posts
The latest episode of Star Trek Discvoery is again missing DV in Apple TV Channels.
I do t know if anything was fixed or not but I just finished watching E2 and it was in DV. I am using the standalone app for CBSAA. Oh and to me, it was another great episode! ;)

·
Registered
240 Posts
Is there A difference in bitrate between Apple TV channel vs stand alone cbs app?
Yes. And Apple TV Channels streams from Apple serves while the CBS All Access app does not. Historically, the CBS app hasn't supported all Apple TV features such as frame rate matching.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Apple TV Channels didn't used to have these issues with Showtime and CBS regarding HDR. Last season of Star Trek Discovery and Star Trek Picard were flawless. However, sine about May, its been hit or miss with Showtime and CBS. And getting Apple to even admit to the problem is very difficult and time consuming.

31521 - 31538 of 31538 Posts