AVS Forum banner

33241 - 33260 of 33616 Posts

·
Administrator
20,528 Posts
And isn’t all NBC content available in the Peacock app now?
Nope, there’s plenty on the NBC app that can’t be found on Peacock for whatever reason.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Not sure that I have ever tried using it before, but when I try and open the NBC streaming app, I just get a gray screen and it never responds. Is this a known issue? How would I trouble-shoot why it is not launching?
That happens to me sometimes. Force quit the app and then relaunch it.

·
** Man of Leisure **
24,610 Posts
I seem to be having my fair share of issues with my ATV this evening. After watching the first episode of Made for Love, I tried to exit the HBO Max app. But pressing the exit key repeatedly only took me to the app Home screen, and it never exited to the ATV home screen. What is wrong with this app?

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Interesting reading about the sound mix complaints. We watched it tonight and the only thing I noticed was having to turn the volume WAY up to get to a normal sound level. Dialog was fine though. Weird.

·
** Man of Leisure **
24,610 Posts
Yep seems like the hbomax app does that sometimes. I thought an app update solved it. Do you have auto updates enabled?
Yes I do. It's not a big deal--i simply press the Home key on my Harmony remote. I just don't like poorly behaving apps.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
That's exactly it.

No One was home and I had the house shaking from the start.

It's GvK ..... if you didn't think the house was going to come apart then you didn't think it though to begin with.

Still... there was a little bit of struggle with the dialog. I'm convinced UHD BD is the ONLY way to watch this but in the mean time to avoid spoilers get someone's HBO Max credentials. :)
I tried it on my 2019 Shield based on these ATV4K comments. The Atmos was no better, so I had to increase my Center Channel for dialogue. Fun movie!

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Interesting reading about the sound mix complaints. We watched it tonight and the only thing I noticed was having to turn the volume WAY up to get to a normal sound level. Dialog was fine though. Weird.
It probably depends on your audio system configuration. With Atmos channels, the center channel is mixed low on GvK. Regular Dolby digital might be better for dialogue but more dynamically compressed. I'll give it a test tomorrow on my 3.1 bedroom TV.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
If Disney+ update 1.14.0 released March 28, 2021 didn't break anything else, it appears the HDR pause issue is resolved.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
20,528 Posts
Like the show Residen Alien, the peacock app only had half the episodes whereas the NBC app has everything that has aired.
I know the old Six Million Dollar Man & Bionic Woman episodes are all on the NBC app but nowhere to be found on Peacock.

·
Registered
974 Posts

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Seems only useful for games?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,753 Posts
I’ll correct myself. If is also useful if you want to let the ATV handle the frame rate conversions esp for 24hz.

(Sadly 120hz is not supported for 4K on my LG C7)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Luckily the C7 can internally convert 24hz 4k content to 120hz, its native panel refresh rate, to reduce artifacts.

"The C7P has a 120 Hz panel and is able to interpolate lower frame rate content to 120 fps, which significantly improves motion." from the rtings review

33241 - 33260 of 33616 Posts