AVS Forum banner

33261 - 33280 of 33615 Posts

·
Oppo Beta Group
11,851 Posts
Would love a private listening option you could plug into the remote like what the Roku has, I know, doubtful
Apple’s answer is AirPods which does work but it limited by battery life.

- Rich

·
Registered
26 Posts
Actually, you can connect any Bluetooth headphones. Just put the headphones into pairing mode and go to Settings > Remotes and Devices > Bluetooth. Once the headphones appear you can select them to pair and connect.

·
Oppo Beta Group
11,851 Posts
Actually, you can connect any Bluetooth headphones. Just put the headphones into pairing mode and go to Settings > Remotes and Devices > Bluetooth. Once the headphones appear you can select them to pair and connect.
I prefer wireless than being wired to my remote.
I have also simultaneously used two airpods when my daughter was doing homework and finally out of her bedroom :p

- Rich

Reactions: PQX

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I tried that awhile back to use the Fitness app, I and recall that the ATV wasn’t remembering the pairing, so I had to go through that pairing process every time I wanted to connect. I had that issue with AirPods and with Boze Bluetooth ear buds. Was I doing something wrong?

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
Infuse 6 pro is my favorite app ever.

I watch more of my own media streamed on local network on ATV4K than I do streamed media from the net.

Ps. I found changing my NAS protocol from SMB to FTP resulted in ten times higher transfer rates.

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
Infuse 6 pro is my favorite app ever.

I watch more of my own media streamed on local network on ATV4K than I do streamed media from the net.

Ps. I found changing my NAS protocol from SMB to FTP resulted in ten times higher transfer rates.
Agree on Infuse but on protocol, were you using SMB 2 or 3?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,177 Posts

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
Agree on Infuse but on protocol, were you using SMB 2 or 3?

I have no idea. I didn't realize there were 3 or more SMB. My NAS devices are old now and I only compared the SMB and FTP from them and didn't see any options for 2 or 3 and so on. FTP is working perfectly but maybe someday I'll look into whatever the 2 and 3 stuff is. Seems to me SMB is too advanced for what I want from the transfer which is simple but perfect.

My old NAS devices (Lenovo IX-300D) run some linux type OS and communicate (via FTP now) directly with my ATV4K. I mention this because I keep seeing reference to Windows with SMB and since I have ZERO use for windows in the chain I won't go out of my way to add it and all the instability that comes with it.

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
I have no idea. I didn't realize there were 3 or more SMB. My NAS devices are old now and I only compared the SMB and FTP from them and didn't see any options for 2 or 3 and so on. FTP is working perfectly but maybe someday I'll look into whatever the 2 and 3 stuff is. Seems to me SMB is too advanced for what I want from the transfer which is simple but perfect.

My old NAS devices (Lenovo IX-300D) run some linux type OS and communicate (via FTP now) directly with my ATV4K. I mention this because I keep seeing reference to Windows with SMB and since I have ZERO use for windows in the chain I won't go out of my way to add it and all the instability that comes with it.
I understand. Plex and Infuse will negotiate to whatever SMB protocol the source device can handle or is set to. SMB 2 and 3 are much, much faster than the older v1. My source devices are Plex Servers on Nvidia Shield and a 2 year old Mac, no Windows.

Reactions: Brian Hampton

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Seriously what the XXXX????!!!!????
🤬 I wonder if we’ll now see inventory being bought up and then sold at ridiculous prices like when Oppo announced the end of production? I was still hoping they would one day produce a One replacement.😡

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
I"m glad I have the Harmony Hub and glad it works with homekit. I run the Harmony Bridge app which adds any hub activities to homekit. I have the smart control remote which is almost as small as the ATV4K remote and it's about perfect. So I'm glad that one keeps acting like it's workin

I never gave it much thought but since I removed the physical windows in the Home Theater I can actually remove all the Microsoft ones too.

I like Infuse so much I truely don't use Plex and stopped my Plex server. I may still bite if they keep sending me the Lifetime for $79 deal but that's only because I used it for many years already and I'd like to give something for it. I guess you can donate to it as an alternative. I feel bad but the subscription never gave anything I wanted.

33261 - 33280 of 33615 Posts