AVS Forum banner

2181 - 2200 of 2696 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Anybody else still have problems with the red notification badge on the Settings app that appeared with the latest beta? It did disappeared at some point for me (don’t know why), but it suddenly reappeared yesterday (don’t know why either). Everything is working fine, but it's just a bit annoying.
And today it disappeared again... It really just looks like an annoying beta bug.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Next beta released to developers today................

·
Registered
9,941 Posts
tvOS 13 Public Beta 5 (17J5549c) has been released today... downloading now
It appears like they finally fixed the issue where 4k titles weren't playing in 4k when using the TV app. I tested one of them using the TV app and it played back in 4k.

·
** Man of Leisure **
23,186 Posts
The Update Apple ID Settings is still not fixed. I don’t even get prompted to enter a code anymore.

·
Registered
399 Posts
The Update Apple ID Settings is still not fixed. I don’t even get prompted to enter a code anymore.
Yes this happened to me for the first time as well - I even paired my iPhone to configure AirPlay 2 but the red symbol is still on - I am just ignoring for now - George

·
Registered
964 Posts
Yes this happened to me for the first time as well - I even paired my iPhone to configure AirPlay 2 but the red symbol is still on - I am just ignoring for now - George
I updated to it. After it showed the red alert. I moved my unlocked iPad closer [Bluetooth on] and it has gone away. Not returned yet.

·
** Man of Leisure **
23,186 Posts
I updated to it. After it showed the red alert. I moved my unlocked iPad closer [Bluetooth on] and it has gone away. Not returned yet.
I researched the error code that I was receiving, and some responses suggested the error occurred because the Home app was not installed on the mobile device. I don’t even know what the Home app is, and it doesn’t appear when I search the App Store.

·
** Man of Leisure **
23,186 Posts
Thanks. I discovered that Home is already on my iPad, in a folder where I placed a number of unused apps. I launched it, added a Wemo smart plug to make sure Home was working properly, and verified that my ATV 4K was recognized as a home hub.

Nevertheless, I still can’t get rid of the red warning dot. Not a big deal, just curious why it continues to be unsuccessful.

Edit: OMG, when I went back to my ATV after it went to sleep, the red dot warning is gone. Maybe enabling iCloud sharing in the Home app was what cleared the issue.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Thanks. I discovered that Home is already on my iPad, in a folder where I placed a number of unused apps. I launched it, added a Wemo smart plug to make sure Home was working properly, and verified that my ATV 4K was recognized as a home hub.

Nevertheless, I still can’t get rid of the red warning dot. Not a big deal, just curious why it continues to be unsuccessful.

Edit: OMG, when I went back to my ATV after it went to sleep, the red dot warning is gone. Maybe enabling iCloud sharing in the Home app was what cleared the issue.
How do you get rid of the red warning dot if you don't have an iphone or an ipad. I do have an apple id but no longer any apple devices but the ATV4. Any ideas?

·
** Man of Leisure **
23,186 Posts
How do you get rid of the red warning dot if you don't have an iphone or an ipad. I do have an apple id but no longer any apple devices but the ATV4. Any ideas?
Sorry, I have no suggestion for you. Perhaps someone else will know.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Anybody experiencing audio dropouts on the Netflix app? Not happening in iTunes, Netflix only. Network speed is 60+mbs when this was occurring.

·
** Man of Leisure **
23,186 Posts
Anybody experiencing audio dropouts on the Netflix app? Not happening in iTunes, Netflix only. Network speed is 60+mbs when this was occurring.
I actually listened to quite a bit of Netflix content today (Stranger Things, Glow), and experienced no audio problems. I have a 200MBPs connection.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I actually listened to quite a bit of Netflix content today (Stranger Things, Glow), and experienced no audio problems. I have a 200MBPs connection.
I noticed the Netflix app has been updated so not sure if it’s the ATV beta or Netflix app causing this.

·
Registered
964 Posts
"if you don't have an iphone or an ipad."

Still not cleared if you have both. Clears, comes back, clears, comes back, etc....

Testing MLB later today.
This might be inconvenient, but perhaps try resetting all network settings on iPad. Reconnecting to network via wifi and then bring it closer. Make sure Bluetooth is on.

·
** Man of Leisure **
23,186 Posts
"if you don't have an iphone or an ipad."

Still not cleared if you have both. Clears, comes back, clears, comes back, etc....

Testing MLB later today.
It hasn’t reappeared for me. Did you try the same steps with the Home app like I reported in a previous post?

·
** Man of Leisure **
23,186 Posts
I spoke too soon. This evening while watching the second episode of the new Glow season, I experienced a couple of 2-3 second audio dropouts at the beginning of the show. As the show progressed, there were no more dropouts.

2181 - 2200 of 2696 Posts