AVS Forum banner

2221 - 2240 of 2699 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,225
Yes, it's the same... Developer beta 1 was never released as a public beta. If it causes confusion I can change.
No, although I don't know why Apple blogs say "public beta", my point was Apple pushed b7 to both channels at the same time. Things are finishing up.

·
** Man of Leisure **
23,189 Posts
After updating to this latest beta, I went back and re-played the first couple of minutes of several episodes of Glow, which were having audio dropouts when I first played them. There were no audio dropouts this time around. Perhaps whatever I was experiencing has been fixed with this version.

·
Premium Member
3,383 Posts
I have tried several prime hdr and dv original programs and no luck. But Jack Ryan played in atmos. Went.

·
Premium Member
3,383 Posts
Also I went into my movie collection and the natural was the first to play in hdr then tried captain marvel and it started to play with audio description and I couldn’t stop that now everything I play has audio description so I deleted the app reinstalled and all ok till I played capt marvel. About to give up on the prime app on atv. No issues elsewhere.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Play and Pause not working right again. This was a problem before, seemed to be fixed. Now on this beta I have to exit out of pause and hit play again to resume.

Which is exactly the way this thing manifested itself before.

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Play and Pause not working right again. This was a problem before, seemed to be fixed. Now on this beta I have to exit out of pause and hit play again to resume.

Which is exactly the way this thing manifested itself before.

How do you “exit out of pause”? I hit play to exit from a paused state to play which is the way it should work right?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
446 Posts
Latest beta is causing a lot of stuttering with 4K HDR .mkv flies while viewing through Infuse. Never had this issue prior to this beta.

Anyone else seeing this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Latest beta is causing a lot of stuttering with 4K HDR .mkv flies while viewing through Infuse. Never had this issue prior to this beta.

Anyone else seeing this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, not any problems at all with Infuse and large 4K/HDR files. I’m using a Plex Server to connect to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
697 Posts
Can someone please tell me what the best output picture settings to use on the Apple tv 4k? I have the TCL R617 55" connected to my tv so what would be the best picture settings? Would this be the best?

Format SDR-4K
HDMI Output YCbCr
Chroma 4:4:4
Match Content Range and Frame rate

Now I just switched to the following setting for sh*ts and giggles

Format 4k HDR
Chroma 4:2:2
Match Content Range and Frame Rate

So does it really matter which format I pick as long as the Match Content is on?
Also for the HDMI Output is YCbCr the setting you wanna use when in SDR-4k? Cause I have read that RGB is only selected or used for games and not movies since I wont be gaming on the AppleTv 4k.

Anyone help me put here?
Thanks

·
Registered
445 Posts
Anyone else getting audio dropouts on Netflix? Only happening on Netflix for me. Was trying to watch Another Life. Was annoying!!!!

·
Premium Member
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,235

·
Registered
290 Posts
Anyone else getting audio dropouts on Netflix? Only happening on Netflix for me. Was trying to watch Another Life. Was annoying!!!!
I had experienced this before on Netflix but different content and posted on the forum. I watched some of “Another Life” last night after downloading latest beta and there were no audio dropouts. God, I wish this series was better...

·
** Man of Leisure **
23,189 Posts
I posted several times last week about getting 2-3 second audio dropouts when viewing episodes of Glow. There were 4-5 dropouts at the beginning of each episode, and then things would settle down for the remainder of the show. I noticed this issue starting with the previous beta version, but since installing the latest beta, I have not had any more audio issues. I even went back and re-played several of the Glow episodes, and no dropouts anymore. I think it is fixed now.

BTW, rather than watching “Another Life”, get a life... :)

Reactions: Adamg (Ret-Navy)

·
Registered
9,941 Posts
I had experienced this before on Netflix but different content and posted on the forum. I watched some of “Another Life” last night after downloading latest beta and there were no audio dropouts. God, I wish this series was better...
I'm also on the latest beta and I watched episode 5 of "Another Life". No dropouts and I'm enjoying it, especially the video quality. It's the best I've seen from a Netflix 4k HDR series.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Dolby Digital 5.1 - do you have to select this setting

If AppleTV4k is connected to AV RECEIVER/SOUNDBAR will it output Dolby Digital Plus if Audio settings are left at “Auto/Atmos’, or do you have to manually change to ‘Dolby 5.1’.

Unless i change it manually to ‘Dolby 5.1’ in settings my Soundbar will only play PCM.

Please advise as I will return my Soundbar, unless it is a known issue with the AppleTV4k.

Thank you

Attachments

·
Registered
445 Posts
I'm also on the latest beta and I watched episode 5 of "Another Life". No dropouts and I'm enjoying it, especially the video quality. It's the best I've seen from a Netflix 4k HDR series.

Weird. It’s happened consistently on Netflix since the last release. I have tried resetting the unit, deleting the app and reloading it. Nothing works and the problem didn’t exist before the last release.

I have tried everything. Again, it’s only Netflix.

2221 - 2240 of 2699 Posts