AVS Forum banner

2301 - 2320 of 2741 Posts

·
** Man of Leisure **
23,226 Posts
Thanks this indeed put back the availability for TV OS betas, but brought back the issues with the Users Accounts and AirPlay HomeKit (please check the pictures attached).
As I mentioned in a previous post, I was able to permanently resolve this issue by opening the “Home” app on my iPad and setting it up for use. Once completed, I followed the instructions on the ATV and the nagging message disappeared and has not returned. You might want to see if this approach works for you.

I should add that I have at least one smart device that I added when configuring the Home app. I don’t know if that is a requirement for this approach to be successful.

·
Registered
130 Posts
As I mentioned in a previous post, I was able to permanently resolve this issue by opening the “Home” app on my iPad and setting it up for use. Once completed, I followed the instructions on the ATV and the nagging message disappeared and has not returned. You might want to see if this approach works for you.

I should add that I have at least one smart device that I added when configuring the Home app. I don’t know if that is a requirement for this approach to be successful.
Can you please be so nice to pinpoint me to your mentioned post where you explain how to resolve this issue, since it seems I can’t find it or I don’t know how to?!?!

Many thanks in advance!

·
** Man of Leisure **
23,226 Posts
Can you please be so nice to pinpoint me to your mentioned post where you explain how to resolve this issue, since it seems I can’t find it or I don’t know how to?!?!

Many thanks in advance!
I repeated the process in the post you quoted. Did you follow that recommendation?

·
** Man of Leisure **
23,226 Posts
My wireless internet connection was not working after the SW update. A restart resolved this issue. Curious as to whether anyone else has a similar experience.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
tvOS13 Public Beta 8 (17J5573a) released today... downloading now

Worth installing? Heard it’s buggy, bricks ATV’s and really doesn’t offer much more than the current stable release....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,307
My ATV4K faulted during today's update. It thoughtfully displays this link: support.apple.com/appletv/restore which, if you haven't seen it, directs you to contact Apple support.
Today the replacement unit faulted just from fiddling with an aluminium remote.
Apple support says this is a known issue and the store should have replaced the unit for free.
I'm over it now.

·
** Man of Leisure **
23,226 Posts
My wireless internet connection was not working after the SW update. A restart resolved this issue. Curious as to whether anyone else has a similar experience.
Another minor issue after the recent beta update: I had to re-enter my credentials to access Netflix. This does not usually happen.

·
Premium Member
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,309
Apple support says this is a known issue and the store should have replaced the unit for free.
Despite the slight discouragement from support I took my dead ATV4Ks to the store for replacement. After some encouraging words I was told they didn't in fact have replacement units. They'll let me know when those come in.

I'm over that now too.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Despite the slight discouragement from support I took my dead ATV4Ks to the store for replacement. After some encouraging words I was told they didn't in fact have replacement units. They'll let me know when those come in.

I'm over that now too.
Possibly if they don't get you a replacement by next week, the new models of ATV might be out.

Raise a stink about your issues and not getting a replacement and keep your fingers crossed. You might get a new generation model. I have had Apple do something like that for me with my Apple Watch. It fell apart and the old model was discontinued and un-available so they gave me the newest model as a replacement.

·
Registered
699 Posts
I just noticed this and maybe it's me or my eyes. So I love the beta a few minor hiccups but all and all much better then OS12. Anyway I have noticed that alot of my older movies are alot grainer now. For instance and it just might be the movie. I purchased Saturday Night Fever from Itunes and I know it's an old movie and it came out in 77 but I dont remember my Blu Ray disc I had of the movie was that grainy. I know older movies can look grainy sometimes but it was so noticable and I hated it. I know people will say check out your Sharpness setting. My sharpness setting is at 0. I had a few other movies look like this with alot of grain. Any possibly that Apple screwed up something with the picture in the beta updates? I just dont rememeber seeing this much grain on movies. Can anyone tell me If they see alot of grain I guess mostly for older movies. Oh I saw alot of grain while watching the fifth element on Netflix and that came out in the mid 90's. So if anyone has any suggestions please let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
966 Posts
I just noticed this and maybe it's me or my eyes. So I love the beta a few minor hiccups but all and all much better then OS12. Anyway I have noticed that alot of my older movies are alot grainer now. For instance and it just might be the movie. I purchased Saturday Night Fever from Itunes and I know it's an old movie and it came out in 77 but I dont remember my Blu Ray disc I had of the movie was that grainy. I know older movies can look grainy sometimes but it was so noticable and I hated it. I know people will say check out your Sharpness setting. My sharpness setting is at 0. I had a few other movies look like this with alot of grain. Any possibly that Apple screwed up something with the picture in the beta updates? I just dont rememeber seeing this much grain on movies. Can anyone tell me If they see alot of grain I guess mostly for older movies. Oh I saw alot of grain while watching the fifth element on Netflix and that came out in the mid 90's. So if anyone has any suggestions please let me know. Thanks
Can you provide an example of a title on Netflix and I will check fir you.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Can you provide an example of a title on Netflix and I will check fir you.

Thanks. Yeah try "The Fifth Element". Please let me know if it looks grainy to you..😁

·
Registered
829 Posts
Thanks. Yeah try "The Fifth Element". Please let me know if it looks grainy to you..

Can’t check it on the Apple TV as the film isn’t available in my country. I found this quote from the UHD disc review from high def digest though

“much of the presentation is fairly soft looking and the special effects really stand out in 4K. Then, there's the weirdly inconsistent grain structure. In some scenes, it looks like a thin film-like layer washing over the image, which is very welcomed, but then practically non-existent in other moments. “

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,316
... I have noticed that alot of my older movies are alot grainer now. ...
This could be related to the beta but I doubt Apple is making "new" movies. It's more likely the studio pushed out a new master than they would allow Apple to make creative changes. However I don't find either one of these particularly plausible. I'll see if I can compare The Fifth Element to disc.

·
Registered
699 Posts
... I have noticed that alot of my older movies are alot grainer now. ...
This could be related to the beta but I doubt Apple is making "new" movies. It's more likely the studio pushed out a new master than they would allow Apple to make creative changes. However I don't find either one of these particularly plausible. I'll see if I can compare The Fifth Element to disc.

Yes I know this of course but I am saying some movies since the beta looks really grainy. I never noticed this grain before the beta. So I was just curious if the beta updates have screwed with the picture quality looking grainy. If someone has the movie Saturday Night Fever either on Blu Ray or downloaded from Itunes let me know if you see alot of grain in that movie. I mean it's pretty bad.

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
I had that weird purple screen with one of my Apple TVs. Thought it was a goner because it wouldn’t respond to anything for about 10 minutes. But it did come back to life eventually. Weird.

·
** Man of Leisure **
23,226 Posts
I had that weird purple screen with one of my Apple TVs. Thought it was a goner because it wouldn’t respond to anything for about 10 minutes. But it did come back to life eventually. Weird.
In my experiences, any time you see a purple screen, it is time to make sure the HDMI connections are secure. A loose connection (or a bad cable) is known to cause the purple color.

·
Premium Member
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,320
try "The Fifth Element". Please let me know if it looks grainy to you
I don't see The Fifth Element on Netflix but I have the iTunes version and the UHD-BD reissue. They look different but not because of excess grain noise.

2301 - 2320 of 2741 Posts