AVS Forum banner

2321 - 2340 of 2643 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Yes I know this of course but I am saying some movies since the beta looks really grainy. I never noticed this grain before the beta. So I was just curious if the beta updates have screwed with the picture quality looking grainy. If someone has the movie Saturday Night Fever either on Blu Ray or downloaded from Itunes let me know if you see alot of grain in that movie. I mean it's pretty bad.

I definitely have not seen a difference in grain between any tvOS software versions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
422 Posts
I’m on the beta program from the start and before updating to latest firmware, my Ethernet port won’t recognize port only wireless option so I updated unit to wireless and the latest firmware. The unit will only recognize wireless even if Ethernet port is being used.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Yes I know this of course but I am saying some movies since the beta looks really grainy. I never noticed this grain before the beta. So I was just curious if the beta updates have screwed with the picture quality looking grainy. If someone has the movie Saturday Night Fever either on Blu Ray or downloaded from Itunes let me know if you see alot of grain in that movie. I mean it's pretty bad.

I definitely have not seen a difference in grain between any tvOS software versions.

Huh...wierd then. It's got to be the movies then. Cause I tested out a new movie in HD and it looks beautiful.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Can anyone tell me if my wireless download speed is ok. I am running my Apple TV through a 5g wireless router and the download speed is around 27 or 28 mps. Of course that fluctuates but nothing lower then 25. What do you guys think? Do I have enough bandwidth. I am pretty sure I do. I heard you atleast need 25 mps and up. Thanks

·
** Man of Leisure **
22,844 Posts
Can anyone tell me if my wireless download speed is ok. I am running my Apple TV through a 5g wireless router and the download speed is around 27 or 28 mps. Of course that fluctuates but nothing lower then 25. What do you guys think? Do I have enough bandwidth. I am pretty sure I do. I heard you atleast need 25 mps and up. Thanks
Even though this is the beta thread, I'll give you the courtesy of a response. Your speed should be enough to view 4K/HDR content, although it is right on the edge. What is the rated speed of your ISP service? And is the 5GHz wireless connection achieving the rated speed? My rated speed is 200GBPs, and running Speedtest on my ATV, the 5GHz wireless connection consistently reaches this speed, i.e. no loss attributable to the wireless connection.

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,328
Even though this is the beta thread, I'll give you the courtesy of a response.
Your speed should be enough to view 4K/HDR content, although it is right on the edge. What is the rated speed of your ISP service? And is the 5GHz wireless connection achieving the rated speed? My rated speed is 200GBPs, and running Speedtest on my ATV, the 5GHz wireless connection consistently reaches this speed, i.e. no loss attributable to the wireless connection.
See, you didn't actually answer the yes-or-no question. In fact instead of an answer you created a new list of questions. You did however manage to suggest I was discourteous.

·
** Man of Leisure **
22,844 Posts
See, you didn't actually answer the yes-or-no question. In fact instead of an answer you created a new list of questions. You did however manage to suggest I was discourteous.
I answered his question in the second sentence. And if I were honest, I would not accuse you of being discourteous, but rather tiresome. Just because you are the thread starter, I don't think this gives you the right to moderate thread content.

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,330
Just because you are the thread starter, I don't think this gives you the right to moderate thread content.
I can't moderate this thread and my suggestions/complaints don't come from any sense of thread-starting entitlement. I'm perfectly willing to speak to off-topic posts in any thread. I'm not the only person in either ATV thread that suggests people post in an appropriate thread.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Even though this is the beta thread, I'll give you the courtesy of a response. Your speed should be enough to view 4K/HDR content, although it is right on the edge. What is the rated speed of your ISP service? And is the 5GHz wireless connection achieving the rated speed? My rated speed is 200GBPs, and running Speedtest on my ATV, the 5GHz wireless connection consistently reaches this speed, i.e. no loss attributable to the wireless connection.
Austin thanks I appreciate it. Yeah sorry for posting in this thread about Wifi Speed but thanks for the answer. The other dude needs to chill. My question was still sorta related to the Apple beta...lol Yeah I should be ok. Not sure what the 5G rated speed is. It's a Verizon router there highest one the have. I live in a townhome and in a townhome community and the owners need tk update there equipment because I can only go as high as 30 over 5. Yes I know. Verizon can't get do anything about it till the complex owner agrees for Verizon to come in and update the equipment. I appreciate it though.

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
I think you mean 200Mbps.

·
** Man of Leisure **
22,844 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,335
They'll let me know when those come in.
And they came in yesterday so pretty good turn-around. However, as a replacement, you just get the ATV. No paired remote and no box (they told me the box was reused for the return).

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
I can't moderate this thread and my suggestions/complaints don't come from any sense of thread-starting entitlement. I'm perfectly willing to speak to off-topic posts in any thread. I'm not the only person in either ATV thread that suggests people post in an appropriate thread.

I completely second this statement.

·
Premium Member
3,358 Posts
I do not know what it updated but so far non of amazon 4kuhd will play reg hd will. So amazon 4kuhd was ok update screwed it up so far

·
** Man of Leisure **
22,844 Posts
I do not know what it updated but so far non of amazon 4kuhd will play reg hd will. So amazon 4kuhd was ok update screwed it up so far
What are you saying? That Amazon 4KUHD will not play in 4KUHD mode? If that is what you mean, then I am watching a 4KUHD movie (the Big Sick), and it is playing correctly.

2321 - 2340 of 2643 Posts