AVS Forum banner

2381 - 2400 of 2649 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,358 Posts
Anyone not getting atmos in Netflix? Prior to today it worked fine for me today atmos on everything else but Netflix and yes I have the highest quality Netflix.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Anyone not getting atmos in Netflix? Prior to today it worked fine for me today atmos on everything else but Netflix and yes I have the highest quality Netflix.
I'm getting Atmos, but no LFE

·
Premium Member
3,358 Posts
I'm getting Atmos, but no LFE
It did come back for me before the update been getting base but have to turn it up a bit. Going to wait on 13.2 a bit

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
tvOS 13.2 Public Beta 2 (17K5068b) is now available... downloading now. No problems yet with the first beta.

I’m running 13.2 on one of my tvOS’s as well as an iOS and iPadOS. They all appear to be Siri related enhancements plus bug fixes based on the initial screens.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
No. That would be a major change and would be announced via normal channels not by appearing in a beta update.
If I recall the "Match Content" features for Dynamic Range and Frame Rate were not announced but instead appeared in the 11.2 beta release so you never know, a beta might finally bring us passthrough one day. Fingers crossed.

·
Premium Member
10,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,394
If I recall the "Match Content" features for Dynamic Range and Frame Rate were not announced but instead appeared in the 11.2 beta release so you never know, a beta might finally bring us passthrough one day. Fingers crossed.
Yes, the incremental improvements for Match (manual to mostly automatic) and DoVi in YCC (as well as RGB) were delivered as stealth updates. Brand new features come in (usually major) updates with appropriate documentation. But yes, you never know.

·
Registered
629 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,396
Where can I find infos on this topic?
I have never seen this documented -- presumably this is a lack on my part.
The Diva has an EDID HDFury calls "LG65C8 LLDV" (as opposed to DV V1) which I haven't tried to decode. When you use that EDID or the OPPO “player-led processing" the data stream is 12b YCC rather than 8b RGB.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I have never seen this documented -- presumably this is a lack on my part.
The Diva has an EDID HDFury calls "LG65C8 LLDV" (as opposed to DV V1) which I haven't tried to decode. When you use that EDID or the OPPO “player-led processing" the data stream is 12b YCC rather than 8b RGB.
Ah ok, that's LLDV. I can see the same with my Integral2.
Just note that on LG if you force LLDV the tv doesn't apply any DV calibration.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Since last public update my 2 x AppleTV4k are only downloading at 40mbps according to OOKLA Speedtest App, where previously they clocked 70mbps?

Anyone else noticed a dramatic reduction in network wifi speed?

·
Registered
857 Posts
No and I test everyday across my personal and business devices (wired and wireless). Try your phone or another device and see what you get?

Leon McKee

·
** Man of Leisure **
22,879 Posts
Since last public update my 2 x AppleTV4k are only downloading at 40mbps according to OOKLA Speedtest App, where previously they clocked 70mbps?

Anyone else noticed a dramatic reduction in network wifi speed?
I just ran a test using Speedtest and registered 235 Mpbs download speed. No change from my perspective.

Reactions: Soundizer17
2381 - 2400 of 2649 Posts