AVS Forum banner

2401 - 2420 of 2653 Posts

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
I deleted my home in Homekit which had my 3 x AppleTV’s. Now speed is ok - back to 70mbps.

Very odd.

For what it’s worth, I use HomeKit and I have my 2 Apple TV’s, and my HomePod (and my HomePod) active with HomeKit. I also run homebridge on my IMac. I’m running the latest public software on all my devices—iOS 13.2, MacOS 10.15.

I just ran Speedtest on my hardwired main ATV4k and see 950Mbps up/960Mbps down on my gigabit connection.

·
** Man of Leisure **
22,949 Posts
tvOS 13.3 Public Beta 1 (17K5433c) is now available... downloading now
You are slowing down, Jim. I downloaded it four hours ago... ;)

·
Registered
393 Posts
Anybody know what’s in the update, although did notice there was a Prime app update and the tv app and Prime app seem better connected than previously

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Anybody know what’s in the update, although did notice there was a Prime app update and the tv app and Prime app seem better connected than previously

Prior to yesterday (have not testing / used the updated version) the Amazon prime app has been having unusual issues hanging often (but not always) when auto starting the next show in a series—causing me to have to “kill” the app to proceed. I don’t remember seeing this issue prior to the 13.2 TVOS update but I also did not use the app much with previous versions of TVOS 13.

That said I’m never surprised by issues with the Amazon app.

·
** Man of Leisure **
22,949 Posts
Not sure I understand exactly what you mean by "hanging". Regardless, I want to share an issue I have been having while watching Netflix content. When I select an episode to watch, when the episode starts up, I get a blank screen with a "no signal" message from my Sony TV. I click Exit and re-start the same episode, and this time it starts OK. This issue doesn't happen every time I start an episode, but it happens often enough that I have become used to it.

I don't know if the issue is specific to beta releases, or some setting on the ATV. I would welcome any recommendations.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Not sure I understand exactly what you mean by "hanging".

Screen goes grey, like it does when transition between videos, and stays grey and the app will not respond to remote commands. Only thing I can do is get back to the main home page of the Apple UI or double click the same button to kill the Amazon app.

Can’t say exactly when it started but it did not happen prior to TvOS 13.2. But it may have nothing to do with TVOS and in The past most Amazon bugs where from the Amazon app I’m more likely to point the finger in that direction—and the fact I don’t see issues with other Apps.

·
** Man of Leisure **
22,949 Posts
Screen goes grey, like it does when transition between videos, and stays grey and the app will not respond to remote commands. Only thing I can do is get back to the main home page of the Apple UI or double click the same button to kill the Amazon app.

Can’t say exactly when it started but it did not happen prior to TvOS 13.2. But it may have nothing to do with TVOS and in The past most Amazon bugs where from the Amazon app I’m more likely to point the finger in that direction—and the fact I don’t see issues with other Apps.
With my issue, the screen goes grey as well, but the remote is still responsive. We probably have different issues.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
I want to share an issue I have been having while watching Netflix content. When I select an episode to watch, when the episode starts up, I get a blank screen with a "no signal" message from my Sony TV. I click Exit and re-start the same episode, and this time it starts OK. This issue doesn't happen every time I start an episode, but it happens often enough that I have become used to it.

I don't know if the issue is specific to beta releases, or some setting on the ATV. I would welcome any recommendations.

I’m on production 13.2 and I’m seeing this too a little more often than before on both Netflix and HBO Go. It’s a typical HDMI negotiation kind of “bug” when switch frame rates/DV.... but I have an LG C7 OLED TV. I solve it the same way you do. Audio always seems to work fine—I run the signal through my AVR. I can’t say this is new but it definitely is a little more often recently.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
With my issue, the screen goes grey as well, but the remote is still responsive. We probably have different issues.

Grey or “black”? With Amazon it is a grey signal being sent which is different than “black” and with Amazon I’m getting no audio. This is very different that Netflix/HBO go issues I just mentioned in my other post. I’m positive the amazon issue is not an hdmi negotiation problem.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I’m on production 13.2 and I’m seeing this too a little more often than before on both Netflix and HBO Go. It’s a typical HDMI negotiation kind of “bug” when switch frame rates/DV.... but I have an LG C7 OLED TV. I solve it the same way you do. Audio always seems to work fine—I run the signal through my AVR. I can’t say this is new but it definitely is a little more often recently.
Unfortunately I also get this way too often and I am running 13.2 production release. It just seems like the HDMI hand shake is taking a long time.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Pandora issues? I’m getting content not found error message. All other apps fine. Pandora on other devices fine. Anyone else?

Just tried it on my Denon receiver. No issues. Playback solid and starts quickly.

Seems just Pandora app on Apple TV with this latest beta.

·
** Man of Leisure **
22,949 Posts
Pandora issues? I’m getting content not found error message. All other apps fine. Pandora on other devices fine. Anyone else?

Just tried it on my Denon receiver. No issues. Playback solid and starts quickly.

Seems just Pandora app on Apple TV with this latest beta.
I am on 13.3 (17K5440a) and Pandora is working fine for me.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Has latest 13.3 Beta fixed issue where Apple TV+ shows are playing in DOLBYVISION again, instead of HDR10?

That’s not an issue with the atv but rather the shows themselves. You’ll notice earlier episodes still play in Dolby vision. It’s just the last 2 episodes of everything that are now just HDR.

·
Registered
950 Posts
That’s not an issue with the atv but rather the shows themselves. You’ll notice earlier episodes still play in Dolby vision. It’s just the last 2 episodes of everything that are now just HDR.
Are you suggesting the latter shows were Mastered in HDR10 deliberately?

If so, why are people forcing DOLBYVISION and turning off Dynamic Range matching with better results?

2401 - 2420 of 2653 Posts