AVS Forum banner

2481 - 2500 of 2643 Posts

·
Registered
8,207 Posts
Just curious, what is it about the Sleep Function that makes it a “must have”? I have my ATV set to go to sleep after 15 minutes.
Well, there are times that I leave everything on looping in the Ariel backdrop. I like to have things work as they should and not put bubblegum on it. At least this way even if they fix it I won't effect me any longer.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,207 Posts
tvOS 13.4 Public Beta 2 (17L5235e) is now available, downloading now.
Back button using Harmony Beta is still broken.

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
Back button using Harmony Beta is still broken.

Dang, I was hoping you’d say the opposite .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: shoman94

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,485
Based on a single sample -- the Gattis/Moffat version of Dracula -- 13.4 will deliver Netflix 25p at 25p. It seems okay.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Based on a single sample -- the Gattis/Moffat version of Dracula -- 13.4 will deliver Netflix 25p at 25p. It seems okay.
Is this news? I don't remember exactly, but at least a year ago, Netflix was sending 25p for the Great British Baking show. I only realized because the internal LG app would be way out of sync so I switched to only watch on the Apple TV.

·
Registered
8,207 Posts
Well then it's a good thing it's irrelevant.
Is it though? I like 24 over 60 for film so I'm sure it's like to watch 25 over 50 too.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Is it though? I like 24 over 60 for film so I'm sure it's like to watch 25 over 50 too.

Because 25 to 50 is a perfect multiplier it should not matter much except perhaps if you use motion smoothing which in theory (but I’m unclear in practice) could be smoother with a 25Hz signal.

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,494
Is it though? I like 24 over 60 for film
24 to 60 breaks the "video" so properly restoring the original cadence "un-breaks" the video.
Frame doubled (25/30 to 50/60) content (sans interpolation) should be same or better than the original (it depends on the display).
Even if you feed 24p to your display it may not display at 24p. 48Hz and 96Hz refresh rates for 24Hz content used to be common, perhaps they still are.

·
Registered
8,207 Posts
Can't skip intros on Amazon Prime? Finished an episode and jumped to the next only to get a spinning wheel and nothing happened. ATV is falling apart.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Can't skip intros on Amazon Prime? Finished an episode and jumped to the next only to get a spinning wheel and nothing happened. ATV is falling apart.

That’s a prime issue that has been there for a long long time, but it happens only intermittently.

It’s fine to blame the ATV for things but many complaints are about specific poorly written applications for which Prime is the leader of the pack.

·
Registered
8,207 Posts
That’s a prime issue that has been there for a long long time, but it happens only intermittently.

It’s fine to blame the ATV for things but many complaints are about specific poorly written applications for which Prime is the leader of the pack.
I'm blaming ATV because it is suppose to be a premium streamer. Prime works fine on my FireTV 4k and on Android TV.

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,498
I'm blaming ATV because it is suppose to be a premium streamer.
That makes no sense. Amazon divides the world into two groups -- Amazon products and everything else. "Premium" is irrelevant.

·
Registered
8,207 Posts
That makes no sense. Amazon divides the world into two groups -- Amazon products and everything else. "Premium" is irrelevant.
Of course it matters. Apple is allowing a product to be made and used in their ecosystem. Your opinion is not any more relevant than my opinion.

·
** Man of Leisure **
22,847 Posts
Of course it matters. Apple is allowing a product to be made and used in their ecosystem. Your opinion is not any more relevant than my opinion.

I think the question is, if the Amazon Prime client is better on your Android TV and your Firestick, why don’t you use those clients instead of subjecting yourself to using what you consider a flawed client? Is it because you just need something to complain about? When I stream, I make a conscious decision to use the app that delivers the best experience.

Reactions: Keenan
2481 - 2500 of 2643 Posts