AVS Forum banner

2521 - 2540 of 2653 Posts

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
Yes it's mostly fixed. I haven't checked every app but my Channels DVR app still won't exit playing a live channel using the back button. I have to press the stop button first and then I can use the back button after. Getting better though!

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

It’s definitely not fixed if you’re using the Harmony Beta profile. I tried YTTV and a few others and the Back button didn’t do anything.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,210 Posts
It’s definitely not fixed if you’re using the Harmony Beta profile. I tried YTTV and a few others and the Back button didn’t do anything.

I said for the apps I tested and I did say it still doesn't work on the Channels app to stop a stream but worked after I select the stop button to stop the stream.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Yay, back button fixed for Harmony Elite!
Spoke to soon - not fixed for YouTube. Need to dig out the ATV remote for that one.

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
I said for the apps I tested and I did say it still doesn't work on the Channels app to stop a stream but worked after I select the stop button to stop the stream.

Yes I read what you said. What I’m saying is it failed on every app I tested which is about a dozen apps.

·
Registered
8,210 Posts
Yes I read what you said. What I’m saying is it failed on every app I tested which is about a dozen apps.

Ok, well I tested the apps I use. Hulu, Disney+, FuboTV, Netflix, Vudu, Prime Video, Movies Anywhere, iTunes, AppleTV, Settings all work.

ChannelsDVR, and YouTube don't.

I guess I need to be more clear and that's why I said mostly.

Using my method posted earlier still solves everything.

·
** Man of Leisure **
22,950 Posts
Can someone help me understand this conversation about the Back button? When I am using one of the ATV’s apps, I use the Exit button on my Harmony remote to stop the streaming program and return to the program selection screen. Is the Back button supposed to do something different for those of you using the Harmony beta? I am just trying to understand what I am missing.

·
Registered
8,210 Posts
Can someone help me understand this conversation about the Back button? When I am using one of the ATV’s apps, I use the Exit button on my Harmony remote to stop the streaming program and return to the program selection screen. Is the Back button supposed to do something different for those of you using the Harmony beta? I am just trying to understand what I am missing.
Neither one works using the Harmony beta on some apps. This recent beta fixed some apps.

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
Ok, well I tested the apps I use. Hulu, Disney+, FuboTV, Netflix, Vudu, Prime Video, Movies Anywhere, iTunes, AppleTV, Settings all work.

ChannelsDVR, and YouTube don't.

I guess I need to be more clear and that's why I said mostly.

Using my method posted earlier still solves everything.

Yeah, adding the original Harmony ATV4K profile fixes it just like it did last year when they changed a couple of commands.

Reactions: shoman94

·
** Man of Leisure **
22,950 Posts
Neither one works using the Harmony beta on some apps. This recent beta fixed some apps.

If the Exit key doesn’t work, I can see how this would be an issue. I have never felt a need to try the Harmony beta so it seems as if I am unaffected.

·
Registered
8,210 Posts
If the Exit key doesn’t work, I can see how this would be an issue. I have never felt a need to try the Harmony beta so it seems as if I am unaffected.
Right, the beta allows for proper sleeping without need a timer to sleep function. It also allows for double tap Home to utilize the recent app switcher.

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
Just installed tvOS developer beta 4 (17L5251a). Harmony Elite “back” or exit button still not working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: shoman94

·
Registered
1,545 Posts

·
** Man of Leisure **
22,950 Posts
I am starting to wonder why we participate in these beta updates. There is never any explanation of any changes that might be in the releases. And I rarely see a report from anyone who actually sees any improvements. Except, of course, the issue with the back button. Am I totally off base?

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
I am starting to wonder why we participate in these beta updates. There is never any explanation of any changes that might be in the releases. And I rarely see a report from anyone who actually sees any improvements. Except, of course, the issue with the back button. Am I totally off base?

Most people should not participate in betas especially on a “production” system. Your questioning the usefulness is probably an indicator that you should probably not participate. The purpose is to provide critical feedback to Apple, or for developers to test their apps and fix issues before a final release.

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
You're not off-base but unless I see something new or something broken I'm not going to report it here. If I did I would. Since I'm in the dev program I usually report things that are broken in their Feedback Assistant portal. TBH, other than the broken Harmony "back" button I think this beta is just bug fixes. Universal App purchases could be part of it but since that is mentioned in the release notes for the iOS and iPadOS betas but not for tvOS I suspect it's not included.

Reactions: rsonnens

·
Registered
825 Posts
Most people should not participate in betas especially on a “production” system. Your questioning the usefulness is probably an indicator that you should probably not participate. The purpose is to provide critical feedback to Apple, or for developers to test their apps and fix issues before a final release.

To be fair, these are public betas rather than developer betas. A change log would be useful surely?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

2521 - 2540 of 2653 Posts