AVS Forum banner

2581 - 2600 of 2653 Posts

·
Registered
13,144 Posts
Hi,

Lip Sync is set to on. Tried setting it to off but there was no change in the delay. Same goes for the combination:
- AVR Off + TV Off
- AVR On + TV On
- AVR On + TV Off
- AVR Off + TV On
Did you restart or/and force new HDMI handshake in between switching settings? That's often necessary to see a change.

·
Registered
16 Posts
If only they could add the possibility to update all apps at once (like it is possible on ios).
I don't get wwhy it's still not possible on TVOS ?

·
** Man of Leisure **
22,942 Posts
If only they could add the possibility to update all apps at once (like it is possible on ios).
I don't get wwhy it's still not possible on TVOS ?
Not sure I understand what you mean. My iOS devices get updates to one or more of my installed apps almost every day. Certainly not a one-time update covering all apps. Care to explain what you mean?

Reactions: m_snow

·
Registered
393 Posts
I think he means on IOS you can see which apps need updating and then update all with one button press. On the ATV you can leave the apps auto update or manually update them one by one. I usually do the manual method after installing a beta update - george

·
** Man of Leisure **
22,942 Posts
I think he means on IOS you can see which apps need updating and then update all with one button press. On the ATV you can leave the apps auto update or manually update them one by one. I usually do the manual method after installing a beta update - george
OK, I understand. I have never paid much attention and left auto update enabled.

·
Premium Member
10,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,589
It's as if every developer decided to get the new Xcode today.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
It's as if every developer decided to get the new Xcode today.

Was it (12.0 beta) a slow download for you, it was for me?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
10,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,591
Was it (12.0 beta) a slow download for you, it was for me?
I downloaded iOS 14 and Xcode 12b. iOS was about 80Mb/s and Xcode was 12Mb/s very slow even given that the os downloads are on dedicated distribution networks. I didn't check the tvOS 14 speed but it seemed typical.
To jump the gun just bit. YouTube is still 2k. But the HUD now says DoVi 5 instead of DoVi so there's that. yay.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
I downloaded iOS 14 and Xcode 12b. iOS was about 80Mb/s and Xcode was 12Mb/s very slow even given that the os downloads are on dedicated distribution networks. I didn't check the tvOS 14 speed but it seemed typical.
To jump the gun just bit. YouTube is still 2k. But the HUD now says DoVi 5 instead of DoVi so there's that. yay.

So it’s identifying the profile being used, that’s cool. I think they changed the select button. IIRC it used to wake up the ATV4K using my learned remote now I need to use “Menu” to do that.

Very interested to hear your first impressions of iOS 14b. I’m squeamish to install it because I only have one iPhone as opposed to 4 ATV’s. If it’s relatively solid for you I might try it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
10,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,593
Very interested to hear your first impressions of iOS 14b. I’m squeamish to install it because I only have one iPhone as opposed to 4 ATV’s. If it’s relatively solid for you I might try it.
Okay ... off-topic but iOS 14 is not ready to be your "daily driver". Really.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Okay ... off-topic but iOS 14 is not ready to be your "daily driver". Really.
Not what I wanted to hear but thanks. Better than having to restore from backup :)

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
It would be cool if they could release 4K HDR YouTube in beta and not hold it until the official 14 release.

By “they” I assume you mean Google and I never heard it was going to be HDR in addition to 4K. Do you have a link?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
990 Posts
tvOS 13.4.8 Public Beta 3 (17M5558b) is now available. Downloading now.
Hi Jim,

Any good news regarding 24fps (stuttering) issue?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hi Jim,

Any good news regarding 24fps (stuttering) issue?
I’m not Jim, but I hope it’s ok to answer anyway. :)

Someone running the tvOS 14 developer beta 1 checked three titles that are confirmed to have a 24.000fps frame rate and he says that they are still output at 23.976Hz (which will produce frame drops).

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/39-networking-media-servers-content-streaming/2961262-apple-tv-4k-lacks-support-24-000-video-19.html#post59844698

So what we can say at the moment is that this issue is still present with the first developer beta of tvOS 14. Some may say that this might change but in my opinion it won’t until the final release. I guess we will have to wait for the new model and see if Apple gets this right on the new one. So we will finally know if this doesn’t get fixed on the current one because of a hardware/firmware limitation or if Apple is just ignorant (if the issue also affects the new one).

Edit: Sorry, I just realized that this topic is only about the public betas of tvOS. So you actually wanted to know if the 24fps issue is fixed with the current public beta of 13.4.8. I’m on the public beta channel myself so I can tell you that the issue is (of course) also still present on this one.

2581 - 2600 of 2653 Posts