AVS Forum banner

2641 - 2660 of 2745 Posts

·
** Man of Leisure **
23,239 Posts
I have a couple of issues, not sure if they are specifically beta related, but I'll throw them out there.

Issue 1 - Quite frequently when I start an episode (Netflix or Prime), rather than seeing the video start up, I get a grey screen and a "no signal" message from my monitor. I have to click Exit, and then re-start the episode, and it usually starts up OK. There is something going on with the matching of Range or Frame Rate that I suspect is causing this issue. Both are turned on for me.

Issue 2 - Amazon Prime app only. I started watching a series and finished episodes 1 and 2. Yet when I go back to watch the next episode, the app is not remembering that I have already watched the first two episodes. It is offering to resume play for the first episode. It keeps happening.

Anyone else having either of these issues?

·
Registered
194 Posts
I have a couple of issues, not sure if they are specifically beta related, but I'll throw them out there.

Issue 1 - Quite frequently when I start an episode (Netflix or Prime), rather than seeing the video start up, I get a grey screen and a "no signal" message from my monitor. I have to click Exit, and then re-start the episode, and it usually starts up OK. There is something going on with the matching of Range or Frame Rate that I suspect is causing this issue. Both are turned on for me.

Issue 2 - Amazon Prime app only. I started watching a series and finished episodes 1 and 2. Yet when I go back to watch the next episode, the app is not remembering that I have already watched the first two episodes. It is offering to resume play for the first episode. It keeps happening.

Anyone else having either of these issues?
Issue 1 - Probably a HDMI handshake issue. When ATV switches display mode when match feature is set to on, a new HDMI handshake will happen. Sometimes handshakes between devices don’t succeed or take more time then usual. On my TV I would say 1 out of 20 mode switches takes longer then usual or sometimes fails completely, so I have to stop and resume playback like you. Handshake issues can happen more or less frequent depending on your setup. OS updates can also introduce handshake issue for some users. Or fix them. Or just make them more or less frequent. So if this didn’t happen before on your setup, this could be related to the beta. So you could set the match features to off to avoid the mode switches. But I would say that occasional handshake issues happen on almost all setups. So I leave the match features set to on and just live with it.

Issue 2 - I also noticed this issue. It’s not permanent and also happens on stable tvOS version. Strange thing is that the episodes are marked as watched correctly in Apple’s TV app. And the TV app also suggests the correct next episode. I think this is because of temporary server problems. And it seems that the Prime App correctly syncs your watch history with Apple’s servers but not with their own Amazon servers. The Amazon app is really bad and has a lot of other issues. There is nothing we can do about this other then using Prime Video on a different device. But apart from their own Fire devices, the experience isn’t much better on other platforms. And I would think that this is how Amazon wants it to be.

·
** Man of Leisure **
23,239 Posts
Thanks for confirming that you see this issues as well. They continue to be on-going.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
I’m getting random dropouts to the screensaver when playing iTunes movies via the tv app. Doesn’t seem to be an issue if I use the movies app

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
YouTube TV is messed up on this latest beta but only on my Sony 930E. The others work fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
** Man of Leisure **
23,239 Posts
I am seeing a minor issue with the current Netflix app. Typically, while playing content, pressing the up arrow key will display the progress bar, showing elapsed time and time remaining. Now, pressing the up arrow, the progress bar flashes briefly and is unreadable.
This issue has been resolved with the latest beta release.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Anyone has tested the new public beta released yesterday?

·
Registered
494 Posts
Britbox app still broken. They’ve been pert near unresponsive about it too. Complete speculation but wonder if they’re pushing people to use the Britbox channel on Amazon and getting away from their own stand alone app?

·
** Man of Leisure **
23,239 Posts
tvOS 14 Public Beta 4 (18J5364d) is now available. Downloading now
I typically have to navigate to the System menu and update manually. This time, I was prompted when the ATV was turned on that an update was available. Is this new behavior?

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
I typically have to navigate to the System menu and update manually. This time, I was prompted when the ATV was turned on that an update was available. Is this new behavior?
It’s always been a prompt for me on new beta updates when I first turn it on but I’m on the dev beta program. Not sure if there’s a difference.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Is YouTube 4K HDR working?

2641 - 2660 of 2745 Posts